Board index » jbuilder » Can JBuilder 2005 Enterprise addition comile an app. to a console application? [i.e. or a Command prompt or DOS wimdow as it was called]

Can JBuilder 2005 Enterprise addition comile an app. to a console application? [i.e. or a Command prompt or DOS wimdow as it was called]

2005-10-02 12:30:31 AM
jbuilder8
Hi,
I have just installed a copy of JBuilder 2005 Enterprise
and naively tried to use it straight away
and build a standard old fashioned ‘console
application.?
But it will not let me compile it and
it tries to add extra code as if it is a form or a window GUI!!
How do I tell the compiler [JBuilder 2005 Enterprise]
to compile it to a console application?
Or doe the JBuilder 2005 Enterprise only build advanced
GUI based applications?
Help please ?I would gratefully appreciate some advice.
Regards
Richard Neville
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Can JBuilder 2005 Enterprise addition comile an app. to a console application? [i.e. or a Command prompt or DOS wimdow as it was called]

Richard Neville wrote:
I have just installed a copy of JBuilder 2005 Enterprise
and naively tried to use it straight away
and build a standard old fashioned ‘console
application.
Nothing too naive about that.
File>New>Class
Check the "generate main method".
Finish.
Make a runtime configuration (don't know how to do it? read
the manual), and run.
Done. You've run your first console app in JBuilder without
adding any code. Of course it didn't do anything, but it
ran and it was a so-called console app.
But it will not let me compile it and
it tries to add extra code as if it is a form or a window GUI!!
It doesn't if you have read the manual. I'm guessing
you didn't start with File>New>Class, but with something
like Application or Frame or ...?
How do I tell the compiler [JBuilder 2005 Enterprise]
to compile it to a console application?
It doesn't have anything to do with telling JBuilder how
to compile something. It's the structure of your Java
class which determines whether it is a GUI, Web, or
console app.
From the sounds of it, you are new to Java as well.
If so, it's the best time to get a good book on it,
if you are serious about it. At least give the java.sun.com
site a good read, especially the tutorials.
Or doe the JBuilder 2005 Enterprise only build advanced
GUI based applications?
Oh, boy. I'll leave that until after you've read the
manual.
Help please ?I would gratefully appreciate some advice.
Help>Help Topics is a great place to start.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives: