Doclet integration

2003-10-03 08:46:50 PM
jbuilder22
Hi,
I'm trying to get the PDFDoclet sourceforge.net/projects/pdfdoclet/
integrated in JBuilder. This doclet is contained in a jar file and has
dependies to other 3.party sources as well. How do I integrate it so that I
can choose it from the dropdown list in the javadoc wizard ?
-Bo Rasmussen

Re:Doclet integration

"Bo Rasmussen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm trying to get the PDFDoclet
sourceforge.net/projects/pdfdoclet/
integrated in JBuilder.
Take a look at the example in samples/OpenToolsAPI/wizards/doclet. That
should get you started.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Doclet integration

Will it require that I create code myself?
-Bo
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I'm trying to get the PDFDoclet
sourceforge.net/projects/pdfdoclet/
>integrated in JBuilder.

Take a look at the example in samples/OpenToolsAPI/wizards/doclet. That
should get you started.

--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

{smallsort}

Re:Doclet integration

"Bo Rasmussen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Will it require that I create code myself?
Yes. Depending on how fancy you want the integration to be, it could be
no more than about 10 lines of code, but you will need to write at least
that much.
At a minimum you'll need to create a subclass of
com.borland.jbuilder.wizard.javadoc.Doclet. Use the TagFilter class in
the sample as a template. It's a fairly trivial class. You'll need to
implement about 4 methods. Then deploy that class as an OpenTool.
That's really all you absolutely need to do. If you want a custom UI
for the PDF doclet with wizard pages that ask you for PDF doclet
arguments, then you'll obviously need to do more work, but you could
just let the existing wizard handle all that.
The help files have lots of documentation on writing OpenTools. There's
also the b.p.jbuilder.opentools group. In brief, you'll need to create
a "classes.opentools" file (see the sample for a template) and put your
class in a JAR file with the classes.opentools file as the manifest.
JBuilder can do that automatically with the Archive wizard if you choose
the OpenTools archive type. Then put your JAR file in JBuilder's
lib/ext directory, and away you go.
It probably sounds a bit daunting if you've never written an OpenTool,
but it's really quite simple, and after you've done the first one you
may decide to write more. JBuilder is extremely customizable through
the OpenTool API.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)