Re: Questions for Borland

2003-11-15 05:17:49 AM
jbuilder0
No bugs in Microsoft and SUN follows up on bug reports eh?
No bugs in Microsoft products that I have *personally* found or that led to
any usability issues for me, and yes Sun has always followed up with a
personal email to me. You sound like you are basing your opinions on
conventional wisdom not personal experience.
Can I come over and live on your planet?
Sure its called "Earth". Welcome :-)

Re:Re: Questions for Borland

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:03:37 -0500, "Ryan Ackley" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
In general, Sun and Microsoft produce pretty solid products.
You're kidding, right? Have you seen the tirade of software updates
to XP to fix security exploits? Been hit by any of those neat viruses
lately? And have you tried using Visual Studio .NET? I've had it
crash more times just doing the MCSD training materials than I can
shake a stick at.
Look, MS, Sun and Borland all are slaves to shareholder expectations,
developer market needs and avoiding technological stagnation. Borland
is no more or less guilty of putting out software that may have
previously unseen issues as the others. Let's keep things a bit more
pragmatic, shall we?
Save yourself some time and check these sites:
Borland Newsgroup Search:
Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic:

Re:Re: Questions for Borland

You're missing the original point of this thread. We're not talking about
undiscovered bugs. This thread was started because of known bugs that aren't
being patched or even acknowledged.
I know that Microsoft has a bad reputation but damn they have billions of
users. People are coming up with ways to hack their systems they never
anticipated. I can accept bugs in software. I just expect them to be fixed
once they've been pointed out. Especially when its a feature that is
advertised.
Btw, never had a problem with Visual Studio .NET. I don't use it as much as
JBuilder though.

--
David Orriss Jr. *TeamB*
www.davenet.net/

Save yourself some time and check these sites:

Borland Newsgroup Search:
Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic:

Re:Re: Questions for Borland

The real solution would be to reasign the irresponsible individuals
responsible for the brittle and poorly designed EJB designer tool and to
hire one or more persons that could at least detect the garbage as it flowed
out of the cubicles and perhaps even implement a process to fix the source
of the garbage. In terms of listening, I get the feeling you have a couple
of people making decisions in relative vacuum and it shows.

Re:Re: Questions for Borland

Terrific! Now when will you start using QC to actually *FIX BUGS*. I would
rather see that than the hyperactive addition of new features...which also
have bugs...which never get fixed.