Bug JBuilder X and SDK 1.5

2004-02-12 04:41:26 PM
jbuilder21
I tried to compile some code with Borland JBuilder X and SDK 1.5 beta and
received this message (in german):
"Anwendung1.java": Auf javax.swing.UIManager kann nicht zugegriffen
werden,Falsche Klassendatei:
C:\JDK\1.5\jre\lib\rt.jar\javax\swing\UIManager.class,Klassendatei besitzt
die falsche Version 49.0, muss 48.0 sein,Entfernen Sie sie oder stellen Sie
sicher, dass sie sich im richtigen Unterverzeichnis des Klasssenpfads
befindet. in Zeile 3, Spalte 20
In english I think it says that it is the wrong class version 49, should be
48. This message comes with all classes, even Oject. What's wrong - Bug ??
The same code compiled and run fine with JBuilder 7 SE and SDK 1.5 beta.
The code is not using any new feature of SDK 1.5
kind regards
Alexander
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Bug JBuilder X and SDK 1.5

Switch to use the project javac compiler option (Project | Project
Properties, Build category, Java subcategory)
As for why the borland compiler would not support the new class version
check the history of this newsgroup (google or other) for the equivalent
'problem' that occured when jdk1.4 class format was increase to version
48... Off top of my head it was something to do with compliance tests.
HTH,

--
Ludovic
"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu