Renaming, very slow

2005-09-23 06:49:00 PM
jbuilder4
Changing the "name" property of beans at UI design is very very slow.
The hourglass cursor takes 10 seconds on average.
Also switching from source to design takes many seconds.
Is there any way to speed this up? It's very annoying...
regards
david

Re:Renaming, very slow

David Berneda wrote:
Changing the "name" property of beans at UI design is very very slow.
The hourglass cursor takes 10 seconds on average.
Also switching from source to design takes many seconds.
Is there any way to speed this up? It's very annoying...

regards
david

Which version/edition of JBuilder are you running? What operating
system are you running on? How much memory do you have?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Renaming, very slow

JB2005 11.0.320 P3.2Ghz 1GB ram.
The JPanel I'm editing is part of a quite big (400) *.java modules library, but this panel is not extended so renaming an item
does not trigger up any refactoring.
Structure window is closed, CodeAudits are off, and the JPanel I'm editing is the only designer open.
With JB 12.0.203 its faster (6 or 7 seconds instead of 10) but is still slow IMHO.
regards
david
"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
David Berneda wrote:
>Changing the "name" property of beans at UI design is very very slow.
>The hourglass cursor takes 10 seconds on average.
>Also switching from source to design takes many seconds.
>Is there any way to speed this up? It's very annoying...
>
>regards
>david

Which version/edition of JBuilder are you running? What operating system are you running on? How much memory do you have?

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

------------

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:Renaming, very slow

Can you check that in Project Options/General
"Include references from project library class files" and "Diagram
references from generated source" are turned off.
I had similar experience before cosed by these 2 settings.
Doychin
David Berneda wrote:
JB2005 11.0.320 P3.2Ghz 1GB ram.
The JPanel I'm editing is part of a quite big (400) *.java modules library, but this panel is not extended so renaming an item
does not trigger up any refactoring.
Structure window is closed, CodeAudits are off, and the JPanel I'm editing is the only designer open.

With JB 12.0.203 its faster (6 or 7 seconds instead of 10) but is still slow IMHO.
regards
david

"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>David Berneda wrote:
>
>>Changing the "name" property of beans at UI design is very very slow.
>>The hourglass cursor takes 10 seconds on average.
>>Also switching from source to design takes many seconds.
>>Is there any way to speed this up? It's very annoying...
>>
>>regards
>>david
>>

>Which version/edition of JBuilder are you running? What operating system are you running on? How much memory do you have?
>
>--
>
>Regards,
>
>Lori Olson [TeamB]
>
>------------
>
>Save yourself, and everyone else, some time and search the
>newsgroups and the FAQ-O-Matic before posting your next
>question.
>
>Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
>www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
>Other Newsgroup Searches:
>www.borland.com/newsgroups/ngsearch.html
>Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:
>www.visi.com/~gyles19/fom-serve/cache/1.html

Re:Renaming, very slow

Hi Doychin
Both are already off. I'll play with the rest of options.
regards
david