Customizing Tag component palette

2004-10-29 06:35:45 PM
jbuilder12
Hi,
I'm searching to customize Tag component palette for the JSF page editor.
I'd like to add new component groups made by third-party JSF widgets already
registered as libraries in Tools-->Configure-->Libraries.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance,
Marco Gambini

Re:Customizing Tag component palette

marco wrote:
Hi, I'm searching to customize Tag component palette for the JSF page
editor. I'd like to add new component groups made by third-party JSF
widgets already registered as libraries in
Tools-->Configure-->Libraries.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance, Marco Gambini

Tools | Configure | Libraries just creates libraries for use in
JBuilder. It doesn't actually do anything with them. You have to add
those libraries as "Require Libraries" to your project using Project |
Project Properties ->Paths, Required Libraries tab.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Customizing Tag component palette

you can kind of add a taglib to the JSF components palette by :
1. creating a new JBuilder library that point to the classes of your 3rd
party widgets, fill in the "Framework" tab (see the help for details)
2. adding that library to your project
3. add the taglib to you JSP page (using the same prefix that you used
in the lib creation)
you should then have a new "tab" for the taglig
HTH,
marco a écrit :
I'm searching to customize Tag component palette for the JSF page editor.
I'd like to add new component groups made by third-party JSF widgets already
registered as libraries in Tools-->Configure-->Libraries.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Marco Gambini

--
Ludovic
"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu

{smallsort}

marco wrote:
I'm searching to customize Tag component palette for the JSF page editor.
I'd like to add new component groups made by third-party JSF widgets already
registered as libraries in Tools-->Configure-->Libraries.
If I'm understanding your question correctly, neither of the previous
answers really addresses what you want. Take a look at the files in the
lib/palette directory. I don't think the format of those files is
documented yet, but you might be able to figure out what you need by
using the existing files as examples.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Customizing Tag component palette

Hi Gillmer,
you got it!
I' ve successfully added another .jsp file in lib/palette and filled it with
the code I'd want the editor add whenever I drag the component.
Two questions:
1) My component appears in the palette named as "myComponent.jsp" and
without an associated icon. Can I arrange it in the correct way?
2) The component appears in "JSF Components" palette group. Could I create
a new separated group?
Thanks a lot,
Marco

marco wrote:
1) My component appears in the palette named as "myComponent.jsp" and
without an associated icon. Can I arrange it in the correct way?
2) The component appears in "JSF Components" palette group. Could I create
a new separated group?
beats me. There must be a way, but unfortunately you already know
everything I know about configuring these palettes. :(
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]