JBuilder 5 issue

2004-02-26 03:00:31 AM
jbuilder8
Sorry, this is about a much older JBuilder version(5).
I am having problems installing JBuilder 5 on my laptop. I am running:
Windows XP Home
512 MB RAM
(Don't have video card info, as I am at work right now and don't have my laptop with me)
Installation goes just fine, but I can not get JBuilder to start! The funny thing is that JBuilder runs just fine on my wife's laptop and she also has XP Home! I am sure there are a lot of other variables here.
Please let me know if there are any known installation issues and fixes for JBuilder 5 on XP Home.
Thanks,
Apurva

Re:JBuilder 5 issue

Apurva Pathak wrote:
Sorry, this is about a much older JBuilder version(5).

I am having problems installing JBuilder 5 on my laptop. I am running:
Windows XP Home
512 MB RAM
(Don't have video card info, as I am at work right now and don't have my laptop with me)

Installation goes just fine, but I can not get JBuilder to start! The funny thing is that JBuilder runs just fine on my wife's laptop and she also has XP Home! I am sure there are a lot of other variables here.

Please let me know if there are any known installation issues and fixes for JBuilder 5 on XP Home.

Thanks,
Apurva
Try running JBuilder.exe, instead of JBuilderW.exe. It will give a
console, and will show any exceptions that are occurring.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:JBuilder 5 issue

Apurva Pathak wrote:
(Don't have video card info, as I am at work right now and don't have my laptop with me)
In addition to what Lori said, the fact that you're running it on a
laptop makes me suspicious of video card problems. Try editing the
bin/jdk.config file and changing the lines at the bottom that refer to
video issues.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

{smallsort}