JBX on win XP - Install never works!!

2004-02-23 10:48:27 PM
jbuilder4
I tried installing JBX Foundation on my WinXP laptop multiple times. Every time the InstallEnywhere executable extracts.. goes to 100% and then nothing happens for hours.. I tried using CTRL and click.. nothing popped up..
thx
ks

Re:JBX on win XP - Install never works!!

Try installing from a command prompt. Running the installer from there might
throw output to that console window. Post it here if it does.
--
Kind Regards,
Steve Peters
ks wrote:
I tried installing JBX Foundation on my WinXP laptop multiple times. Every time the InstallEnywhere executable extracts.. goes to 100% and then nothing happens for hours.. I tried using CTRL and click.. nothing popped up..

thx

ks

Re:JBX on win XP - Install never works!!

Has this issue been resolved? I am trying to install JBX Foundation on Win
XP Pro with over 5 GB of free disk space and have the same problem.
CTRL-clicking the .exe gives no feedback. Neither does running from the
command prompt. Neither does running from the command prompt with the -f
argument pointing to the following file:
USER_INSTALL_DIR=c:$\$JBuilderX
INSTALLER_UI=silent
I also tried the -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false parameters
since I also have an ATI graphics card. No luck.
Thanks for any assistance.
FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
mail.giantcompany.com
"ks" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I tried installing JBX Foundation on my WinXP laptop multiple times. Every
time the InstallEnywhere executable extracts.. goes to 100% and then nothing
happens for hours.. I tried using CTRL and click.. nothing popped up..

thx

ks

{smallsort}

Stacy Davis wrote:
Has this issue been resolved? I am trying to install JBX Foundation on Win
XP Pro with over 5 GB of free disk space and have the same problem.
CTRL-clicking the .exe gives no feedback. Neither does running from the
command prompt. Neither does running from the command prompt with the -f
argument pointing to the following file:

USER_INSTALL_DIR=c:$\$JBuilderX
INSTALLER_UI=silent

I also tried the -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false parameters
since I also have an ATI graphics card. No luck.

Thanks for any assistance.

Install problems can be very difficult to diagnose. The "standard"
answers can all be found by searching this group. You've apparently
done all that. The only way to get further help is to contact Borland
support directly.
support.borland.com (Install/Presales)
--
Regards,