Unable to close readonly XML File.

2004-04-20 02:53:14 AM
jbuilder18
I am using JBuilder X (with patch 3). When I click on any XML file (struts-config or tiles-def)that is read only, JBuilder loads the file. But when I try to close it, JBuilder does nothing. The only way I can close the file is by going to windows and changing the attribute to Read + Write. Then I can close the file from within JBuilder.
Is there a workaround to this? Currently, I am using PVCS for version control, so I do not have the liberty of checking out all the files with R+W property.

Re:Unable to close readonly XML File.

This is my biggest problem with JBX, in the patch 3 docs it say's it's fix
this. NO it has not.
I raised a support request ages ago and then said there is a problem but
with no time frame for a fix. Ho Hum. I'm so glad I've spent all this money
on Jbuilder Studio

Graham Cruickshanks wrote:
This is my biggest problem with JBX, in the patch 3 docs it say's it's fix
this. NO it has not.

I raised a support request ages ago and then said there is a problem but
with no time frame for a fix. Ho Hum. I'm so glad I've spent all this money
on Jbuilder Studio

Is this just occurring in the Struts related XML files? Because I tried
with my Ant build.xml file, and with my web application web.xml file,
and could not reproduce the problem with either of these files.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)