JdbComboBox input control

2004-06-10 01:58:11 AM
jbuilder0
If I allow typing in a value into the jdbComboBox in addition to selecting a
value from the list of values how I can I control number of char. typed as
well as whether the value typed is a number. I tried setting edit mask on
the column as well as set some validation on keyTyped event but failed. By
some reason the mask is ignored and keyTyped is never fired
Any suggestions
--
Alex G. Terehoff
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

Re:JdbComboBox input control

Alex Terehoff wrote:
If I allow typing in a value into the jdbComboBox in addition to selecting
a value from the list of values how I can I control number of char. typed
as well as whether the value typed is a number. I tried setting edit mask
on the column as well as set some validation on keyTyped event but failed.
By some reason the mask is ignored and keyTyped is never fired

Any suggestions

What Event listeners are you using?

Re:JdbComboBox input control

on keyTyped
--
Alex G. Terehoff
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
"Paul Nichols (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Alex Terehoff wrote:

>If I allow typing in a value into the jdbComboBox in addition to
selecting
>a value from the list of values how I can I control number of char.
typed
>as well as whether the value typed is a number. I tried setting edit
mask
>on the column as well as set some validation on keyTyped event but
failed.
>By some reason the mask is ignored and keyTyped is never fired
>
>Any suggestions

What Event listeners are you using?

{smallsort}