Look And Feel

2004-02-18 09:12:43 PM
jbuilder16
Hello all!
Ist the Borland LookAndFeel for develop- and deployment available?
Id' like to use it in my designed applet.
Thx for answers!
Greetings
Markus

Re:Look And Feel

Markus Fischbacher wrote:
Ist the Borland LookAndFeel for develop- and deployment available?
Id' like to use it in my designed applet.
It seems like a popular request, but the Borland look and feel isn't
licensed for redistribution. You might consider adding a feature
request to QualityCentral. I suspect it would get a lot of support, and
it obviously wouldn't cost Borland anything.
qc.borland.com
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Look And Feel

"Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
It seems like a popular request, but the Borland look and feel isn't
licensed for redistribution. You might consider adding a feature
request to QualityCentral. I suspect it would get a lot of support, and
it obviously wouldn't cost Borland anything.
I deside to use the Borland LAF because it's the only one supporting the
dbSwing components.
Am I right?
Markus

{smallsort}

Re:Look And Feel

Markus Fischbacher wrote:
I deside to use the Borland LAF because it's the only one supporting the
dbSwing components.
Am I right?
I don't think so. In fact, I think the opposite is true. If you look
at the classes in dbswing.jar, you'll find plaf directories for metal,
motif, and windows but not borland. Since the Borland look and feel is
only intended to be used within JBuilder, I'd be surprised if they spent
the time to make the dbSwing controls work with it.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Look And Feel

"Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb

I don't think so. In fact, I think the opposite is true. If you look
at the classes in dbswing.jar, you'll find plaf directories for metal,
motif, and windows but not borland. Since the Borland look and feel is
only intended to be used within JBuilder, I'd be surprised if they spent
the time to make the dbSwing controls work with it.

Hmm...i thought that the LAF from Borland is within the dbSwing Classes.
So it's only possible to use the metal, motif and windows LAF with the
dbSwing Classes?
What a pity, because there are many other LAF looking great to me.
I need a LAF that negotiate a professional applet user interface.
Any suggestion?
Markus

Re:Look And Feel

On 2/18/2004 at 9:40:28 AM, Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB) wrote:
You might consider adding a feature request to QualityCentral.
qc.borland.com/wc/wc.exe/details
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:Look And Feel

"John McGrath [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On 2/18/2004 at 9:40:28 AM, Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB) wrote:

>You might consider adding a feature request to QualityCentral.

qc.borland.com/wc/wc.exe/details

I'll send a feature request as you told.
Thank you!
Markus