Problem with signed applets

2003-09-30 03:19:27 AM
jbuilder10
I signed an applet, even verified the jar using jarsigner, when I load the applet from the box where the we server resides I get the security certificate dialog popping up. When I try to connect from a client machince the certificate dialog box does not show. I read on sun that you have to add a link to the certificate file in the html page, I did the following but nothing is still showing....
<link rel="cer" href="tstcer.crt">in the html header.
what am i missing?
lans

Re:Problem with signed applets

L redmond wrote:

I signed an applet, even verified the jar using jarsigner, when I load the
applet from the box where the we server resides I get the security
certificate dialog popping up. When I try to connect from a client
machince the certificate dialog box does not show. I read on sun that you
have to add a link to the certificate file in the html page, I did the
following but nothing is still showing....

<link rel="cer" href="tstcer.crt">in the html header.

what am i missing?

lans
Not sure, but look here for code signing How to:
www.computer-logic.net/javafaq/