Help!!!

2004-08-16 07:02:43 PM
jbuilder19
Hi,
Would anyone help me with the below
1).
a). Using a for loop write a program to display the numbers 1 to 10
inclusive as follows;
1
2
3
etc...
Ensure your program is as efficient as possible.
b). Modify the above program to se an if statement to display the
messasge "Even" next to all even
numbers and the message "Odd" against all odd numbers.
c). Repeat the above stages using while loops and do..while loops
2).
a). Use an array to store the cumulative total for each number, i.e
Number Cumulative Score
1 1
2 3
3 6
4 10
5 15
b). Modify the program to display all the numbers up to a cumulative
score of 100
3). Wire a method to calculate the cube (x*x*x) of each number an display
the answer to the last screen.
Thanks

Re:Help!!!

"Aghost.temp" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio

[...]

So you basically want someone to make your homeworks? Forget about it.

Re:Help!!!

rich wrote:
What is it and why would anyone want to use it?
*** Please note this is not a .net bash ***
It was supposed to be this whole new invention of coding that MS had
imagined. Way back before 2003 was released, it was talked of that
"only" this code .net would run on it that it would be native..
yet I see this never came to be true
I see .net as a little like java, in that theres like a run time
engine, and various verisons break various previous verions, that
theres a huge bunch of predefined routines and stuff
but like you, I dont see the point. I dont see anything in .net that
wasnt possible without.. this could be through lack of examples, but,
you arent alone.
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

{smallsort}

Re:Help!!!

The Delphi death blog thing (insightful I must say) has re-raised my
question of .NET
What is it and why would anyone want to use it?
I'm not bashing MS. I have been reading on .NET every now and again, but
I just can't see any value.
I'm try'in to like it.
--
Definition of Hacking : The act of closing your eyes and seeing the
code, before you see the design.

Re:Help!!!

"Liz" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
I see .net as a little like java, in that theres like a run time
engine,
IMO, .net is a lot like java, with the hotspot compiler, except it's
designed to only runs on MS operating systems.
--
Iman

Re:Help!!!

Hi,
IMHO, the ASP.NET part is very good, and worth to be learned. Specially for
us delphi developers who sometimes have to deal with webhosting companies
that don't accept the deployment of a "pure" executable to work as CGI. I'm
using it and liking a lot.
But for desktop applications, from the pov of a Delphi developer, I see no
point either.
Regards,
Marco

Re:Help!!!

Msangali wrote:

IMHO, the ASP.NET part is very good, and worth to be learned. Specially for
us delphi developers who sometimes have to deal with webhosting companies
that don't accept the deployment of a "pure" executable to work as CGI. I'm
using it and liking a lot.

But for desktop applications, from the pov of a Delphi developer, I see no
point either.
So, if my internet apps are exe's to eliminate the web browser and all
it problems (viruses, pop-ups, etc.) then I can ignore .NET?
--

Liz wrote:
I see .net as a little like java, in that theres like a run time
engine, and various verisons break various previous verions, that
theres a huge bunch of predefined routines and stuff
I see .NET as the abstracting the good stuff from Java ;?
In the early days of software, everything was hardcoded for individual
machines. That was a lot of hard work so we created some useful
abstractions - languages to abstract program logic, and operating
systems to abstract hardware.
I see managed languages/environments like .NET (and Java) as the next
evolution. Your language developers now only needs to target a single
'managed environment', allowing them to focus on the really important
issues of allowing us to write clear, expressive programs that
communicate with other humans reading the source!
Likewise, the managed runtime developers work with a single
'intermediate' language and port that to the relevant hardware - and
they are now responsible for much of the optimization that only makes
sense when you know the parameters of your hardware (avaiable memory,
deep pipelines in CPU, multiple execution units, etc.) Likewise, a
lot of security issues coming to the fore can be more aggressively
handled in the managed layer.
I am less concerned whether the managed environment is object oriented
or garbage collected, although both are popular choices at the moment.
I am concerned that they provide good abstractions and portability.
.NET is strong on the latter as it is designed to support multiple
languages, and is an ISO standard so vendors other than MS can
implement it on the environment of their choice (such as Mono on Linux)
Java is apparently waking up to the idea of other languages targetting
its runtime (such as Jython) and that is supposed to be one of the
focuses of the next few releases there.
--
AlisdairM(TeamB)

Re:Help!!!

Hi Rich
I have been a Delphi dude since version 1. Currently I am coding using
C# in BDS2006.
If you are able to live within the limits of the UI elements then .NET
allows you to put applications together very quickly and that meets my
needs. I have come to appreciate the consistency of C# and it is now my
preferred language by a margin.
ECO was the reason that I made the leap to .NET and I am likely to stay
there until the world changes - and it will.
It is however horses for courses and if your needs stipulate the
advantages that Delphi offers then do that.
Regards
Sean
rich wrote:
The Delphi death blog thing (insightful I must say) has re-raised my
question of .NET

What is it and why would anyone want to use it?

I'm not bashing MS. I have been reading on .NET every now and again, but
I just can't see any value.

I'm try'in to like it.

Re:Help!!!

I think ASP.NET has other virtues, like easy integration with windows
authentication, drag-and-drop user interface (pretty much like intraweb),
etc. It's definitelly worth to look at.
Regards,
Marco

Iman L Crawford wrote:
"Liz" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>I see .net as a little like java, in that theres like a run time
>engine,

IMO, .net is a lot like java, with the hotspot compiler, except it's
designed to only runs on MS operating systems.
Actually, MS released the Rotor runtime for FreeBSD, if I'm not mistaken.
--
-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'

Re:Help!!!

rich wrote:
What is it and why would anyone want to use it?
You will definitely need it (.NET) if you:
1. Want to convert your existing programs (Win32) to 64 bit
ones (for future versions of Microsoft Windows); *AND*
2. There isn't (going to be) a Delphi 64 bit native compiler.
:)

Re:Help!!!

"Brion L. Webster" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
Actually, MS released the Rotor runtime for FreeBSD, if I'm not mistaken.
I googled and every link I looked at was from 2002. Reminds me of the
Alpha processor and NT.
--
Iman

Re:Help!!!

Iman L Crawford wrote:
IMO, .net is a lot like java, with the hotspot compiler, except it's
designed to only runs on MS operating systems.
When /I/ said this, you laughed at me! ;-P

Re:Help!!!

Rick Carter wrote:
If 2. evaluates to False, the whole expression is False, right?
Correct.
Since Borland has promised a 64-bit compiler for Delphi, this reads
like FUD to me.
What's the FUD? (Or are you saying that the .NET "campaign" is FUD?)