JSP and servletcontext

2005-07-07 10:56:06 PM
jbuilder22
Hi,
I am a new JSP user. I have some experience in programming with
servlet. I have some questions.
1) In servlet we have init and destroy method which are same as jspinit
and jspdestroy methods of jsp, just we need to implement jsppage
interface to use that and we should implement all the business logic in
jspService(), is there any doGet or doPost method is JSP still?
2) I want to build lot of JSP pages. I don't know how to make changes
in web.xml to take database name and connection name. Actually I want
to avoid creating connection object for each jsp page(which I am doing
right now) and also I also want to avoid setting up transcation
isolation levels by conn.setTransactionIsolation method for each jsp
page, is there way to do this through web.xml or any other suggetions.
I am using Postgres 7.4.2 and J2SE 1.4.2 and Tomcat server.
3)How servlet context will be helpful in doing any of these tasks.
Please let me know.
Thanks a lot,
Swapnil.