Java for Delphi programmers site

2003-07-04 06:42:23 AM
jbuilder18
The Java for Delphi Programmers site is back up. We have just finished
upgrading the server to a newer version of Firebird. We will also be
rebuilding the kernel in the next two weeks, so that we can change to
Firebird 1.5 using the 64 bit engine.
The url is www.computer-logic.net/javadelphi/
We plan to start working back on this site and upgrading the information for
the newer JB9 Personal, which includes the Borland Database components. My
apologies for neglecting this work, but time has not been my ally.
Some of the test do not work, I was informed, probbly due to a hard drive
failure we had on the server a few months ago (as in missing applets). This
server has been up for almost two years and only two restarts total, so I
guess it was time for a hardware failure <G>.
I will be rewriting all of the new tests in Struts in the next few weeks, so
the Applet Plugin will not be required. We are also toying with the idea of
allowing users, who desire, the ability to use a java emulator from the
site, to compile code snippets as part of the testing procedures. Let me
know what you think about this.
Enjoy,
Paul

Re:Java for Delphi programmers site

"pnichols" <paul@ comp.net>wrote in message
I will be rewriting all of the new tests in Struts in the next few weeks,
so
the Applet Plugin will not be required. We are also toying with the idea
of
allowing users, who desire, the ability to use a java emulator from the
site, to compile code snippets as part of the testing procedures. Let me
know what you think about this.

Cool idea.
Also more Delphi to Java chapters would be great.
For instance, a chapter just on tList and tStringlist processing (the
workhorses of delphi) corrolaries in Java would be my first candidate.
-dennis

"Dennis Landi" <none[at]none.com>wrote:

"pnichols" <paul@ comp.net>wrote in message
>I will be rewriting all of the new tests in Struts in the next few weeks,
so
>the Applet Plugin will not be required. We are also toying with the idea
of
>allowing users, who desire, the ability to use a java emulator from the
>site, to compile code snippets as part of the testing procedures. Let me
>know what you think about this.

Cool idea.

Also more Delphi to Java chapters would be great.

For instance, a chapter just on tList and tStringlist processing (the
workhorses of delphi) corrolaries in Java would be my first candidate.

-dennis
We will be providing new chapters soon. We started this series when we had
more time. Unfortunately, as the times got tough our work loads increased
exponentially <G>.

{smallsort}

Re:Java for Delphi programmers site

"pnichols" <paul@ comp.net>wrote in message
"Dennis Landi" <none[at]none.com>wrote:

BTW, Dennis, the chapter revoiws are working now as well.

OK, thanks.