Re: A really stupid question

2003-08-14 10:42:18 PM
jbuilder19
"Mike Grace" <mikegatcomputastat-group.co.uk>wrote in message
Even though jbuilder 9 only runs on windows, linux and solaris, I am right
in saying that any programs I write will run on MAC OSX aren't I?

Mike

Sure, as well as on any other system that complies with the Java API.

Re:Re: A really stupid question

"Mike Grace" <mikegatcomputastat-group.co.uk>wrote in message
Even though jbuilder 9 only runs on windows, linux and solaris, I am
right
in saying that any programs I write will run on MAC OSX aren't I?
In fact, even JBuilder can be made to run on OSX without too much
difficulty. It just isn't a platform that's officially supported by
Borland.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

In <3f3b9772$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Mike Grace wrote:
Even though jbuilder 9 only runs on windows, linux and solaris, I am
right in saying that any programs I write will run on MAC OSX aren't
I?
Ditto what others have written in this thread.
If you want to get JBuilder 9 running on OS X, read
the archives for the "borland.public.jbuilder.macintosh"
newsgroup. There's plenty of info there to get you
started.
There are OS X-specific considerations for Java applications.
For instance, creating a double-clickable application requires
that you make an app bundle. Visit Apple's Developer Connection
site to get the documentation on Apple's Java J2SE implementation.
Download and install their developer tools, if you haven't already
done so on an OS X machine.
Also, subscribe to the Java-Dev list
lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/java-dev
and ask questions there about Java issues specific to OS X.
There is a searchable archive available at the "java-dev"
URL just cited, so you might check the archive first
before posting.
Finally, test, test, test.
Paul Furbacher [TeamB]
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: A really stupid question

Thanks guys.
I don't necessarily want to run the IDE on the MAC, but just wanted to make
sure java programs will run O.K.
Regards
Mike

In <3f3cbc04$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Mike Grace wrote:
I don't necessarily want to run the IDE on the MAC, but just wanted
to make sure java programs will run O.K.
Yes, that may be so, but you may find that being able
to debug on the same platform you are testing on
makes things go faster. That's why I mentioned
running on OS X.