DB Connection using BDE alias

2004-05-12 05:57:08 PM
jbuilder0
I would like a java application to connect to a SQL Server database.
Connection properties, including user and password, are defined in an
existing BDE alias, already used by a Delphi application.
Can I create a jdbc connection to this database, using its BDE alias,
without repeating user and password in the connection URL ?
Denis Genard

Re:DB Connection using BDE alias

Denis Genard wrote:
I would like a java application to connect to a SQL Server database.
Connection properties, including user and password, are defined in an
existing BDE alias, already used by a Delphi application.
Can I create a jdbc connection to this database, using its BDE alias,
without repeating user and password in the connection URL ?
Short answer: No.
Long answer: you have to get the info from the BDE settings, and then it's
not guaranteed you can infer the correct database URL you're going to need.
--
Ruurd