DataSet exception

2005-03-09 06:33:33 PM
jbuilder0
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to work with DataSet exceptions. I have reviewed the API
documentation and found out that there are a lot of types, of DataSet
exceptions. My question is: how can I know which kind of DataSet exception I
am receiving? I haven't seen any API method that informs about it. Besides,
is there any additional information that you can obtain about a DataSet
exception apart from the info that is available for any exception?
Thanks in advance,
Alonso

Re:DataSet exception

Alonso wrote:
I'm trying to work with DataSet exceptions. I have reviewed the
API documentation and found out that there are a lot of types, of
DataSet exceptions. My question is: how can I know which kind of
DataSet exception I am receiving? I haven't seen any API method that
informs about it. Besides, is there any additional information that
you can obtain about a DataSet exception apart from the info that is
available for any exception?
Unfortunately, DataSetException is a catch-all for pretty much anything
that can go wrong in the DataExpress layer. There really isn't an easy
way to determine exactly what the nature of the error is.
The messages encapsulated in the DataSetException are usually pretty
descriptive, however, and I find displaying them to the users to be a
reasonable approach.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.