Crystal Reports Configuring - Getting an Error Invalid Argument

2004-09-28 11:52:40 PM
jbuilder24
I am trying to use Crystal Reports - - - JBuilder, File, New, Cyrstal
Reports.
I select New Connection and then JDBC - after some time I get an error:
==========================
Invalid Argument provided.
Details: Java Server startup failure.
Please verify the PATH, CLASSPATH and IORFile location properties in the ini
file.
The INI file is CRDB_JavaServer.INI, which is in:
CRDB_JavaServer.ini is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal
Decisions\2.5\Bin
Running JBuilder locally.
Entries in the INI file include the following:
=======================================
PATH = C:\CrystalJDBC\bin
CLASSPATH=.;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\bin\CRDBJavaServer.jar;
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\bin\MSBase.jar; C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\bin\MsSQLServer.jar;
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\bin\MsUtil.jar
IORFileLocation = C:\TEMP
JDBCURL=jdbc:borland:dslocal:D:\DEVJ\1STCHOIC\1stChoice.jds
=============================
The URL information is from a message in JBuilder when the application is
launched.
I have added JAVA_HOME to the environment variables as shown in Business
Objects' KB C2016051.
On top of that, if I Cancel out of the Connection window, Crystal crashes.
I am not getting answer from Business Objects - they have had me trying all
sorts of variations of options with PATH, etc.
No resolution yet.
I'd appreciate, of course, the solution, or at least a good resource.
--
Joan Dow Styve
651-426-0971