PMD opentool v1.3 released!

2005-09-29 05:15:17 AM
jbuilder6
The first update in quite a while, this release includes an update to the PMD version 3.3, so many new rules are available. Thanks to Lori Olson for the feedback on this release, including the suggestion of the "check all open files" feature.
What's PMD? It's a Java source code analyzer. It finds unused variables, empty catch blocks, unnecessary object creation, and so forth.
You can download the release here:
sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php
and the changelog is here:
sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php
Using PMD? Get the book, "PMD Applied", at pmdapplied.com/!

Re:PMD opentool v1.3 released!

Tom Copeland wrote:
The first update in quite a while, this release includes an update to
the PMD version 3.3, so many new rules are available. Thanks to Lori
Olson for the feedback on this release, including the suggestion of
the "check all open files" feature.

What's PMD? It's a Java source code analyzer. It finds unused
variables, empty catch blocks, unnecessary object creation, and so
forth.

You can download the release here:

sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php

and the changelog is here:

sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php

Using PMD? Get the book, "PMD Applied", at pmdapplied.com/!
And for all those JBuilder Foundation users who pine over not having the
JBuilder "Code Audits" feature, let me give you a hint...
IMO, PMD is BETTER than Code Audits. It has way more pre-defined rules,
and you can customize it to *add your own rules*.
If any of you are still doing manual code reviews, I highly recommend
you look into PMD. Because once you have it set up to your liking,
you'll almost never need to do a manual code review ever again.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

"Tom Copeland" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

The first update in quite a while, this release includes an update to the PMD version 3.3, so many new rules are available. Thanks to Lori Olson for the feedback on this release, including the suggestion of the "check all open files" feature.

What's PMD? It's a Java source code analyzer. It finds unused variables, empty catch blocks, unnecessary object creation, and so forth.

You can download the release here:

sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php

and the changelog is here:

sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php

Using PMD? Get the book, "PMD Applied", at
pmdapplied.com/!
Also, for those who would prefer to download the plugin from CodeCentral, I've uploaded it here:
codecentral.borland.com/item.aspx
Yours,
Tom

{smallsort}

"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
If any of you are still doing manual code reviews, I highly recommend
you look into PMD. Because once you have it set up to your liking,
you'll almost never need to do a manual code review ever again.
Thanks Lori!
Also, I forgot to include a link to the PMD home page in my original post; it's here:
pmd.sf.net/
You can find all the rules and rule writing notes and so forth there; good times.
Yours,
Tom

Re:PMD opentool v1.3 released!

"Tom Copeland" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>The first update in quite a while, this release includes
an update to the PMD version 3.3, so many new rules are
available. Thanks to Lori Olson for the feedback on
this release, including the suggestion of the
"check all open files" feature.
One last note - I've put up a blog entry on this release with a screenshot here:
tomcopeland.blogs.com/juniordeveloper/2005/09/jbuilder_opento.html
Yours,
Tom