hw to show a fast message

2005-06-29 01:22:08 AM
jbuilder8
hi all
how to show a fast message, from a frame, and from a DataModule
thx

Re:hw to show a fast message

Wilson Arguello (Orange Technologies) wrote:
how to show a fast message, from a frame, and from a DataModule
Please try to be more descriptive when asking questions. I have no
idea what you're asking.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:hw to show a fast message

Kevin Dean [TeamB] wrote:
Wilson Arguello (Orange Technologies) wrote:

>how to show a fast message, from a frame, and from a DataModule

Please try to be more descriptive when asking questions. I have no
idea what you're asking.

OK.
I want to do a validation before save changes on a QueryDataSet, so I'm
doing it in "validation" event, so if I detect a validation error I like
to show a message like this "Error on field XXX, this field can`t be
empty" or somethind like that

{smallsort}

Re:hw to show a fast message

Wilson Arguello (Orange Technologies) wrote:
I want to do a validation before save changes on a QueryDataSet, so
I'm doing it in "validation" event, so if I detect a validation error
I like to show a message like this "Error on field XXX, this field
can`t be empty" or somethind like that
Add a JdbStatusLabel to your form; it will show validation and other
DataExpress errors.
--

Kevin Dean [TeamB] wrote:
Wilson Arguello (Orange Technologies) wrote:

>I want to do a validation before save changes on a QueryDataSet, so
>I'm doing it in "validation" event, so if I detect a validation error
>I like to show a message like this "Error on field XXX, this field
>can`t be empty" or somethind like that

Add a JdbStatusLabel to your form; it will show validation and other
DataExpress errors.

And ... what about set custom mesasges?? which event to use?

Re:hw to show a fast message

Wilson Arguello (Orange Technologies) wrote:
And ... what about set custom mesasges?? which event to use?
Try this:
DataSetException.addExceptionListener(...);
You can trap all data set exceptions and display them as you see fit.