i18n - localisation for Russian

2004-07-26 06:44:08 PM
jbuilder1
Hi,
I am working on my first i18n-Projekt. A fine working applikation has to be
changed to support different languages. At first I have changed the code to
support the ResourceBundles for the specific languages and I created a frame
for language-selection. Everything works fine for the German and English
version. The trnalatet labels are shown correctly.
The Problem is:
How do I create the properties-file ... ???
to provide the localized data in the Russian language?
The toolkit for i18n creats the properties-File as a base for the
translation, but I have no idea how to edit this file so that the russian
letters are shown correctly in my java-applikation.
I thank you for your help!
Mirko Kämpf

Re:i18n - localisation for Russian

mirko kaempf wrote:

I am working on my first i18n-Projekt. A fine working applikation has
to be changed to support different languages. At first I have changed
the code to support the ResourceBundles for the specific languages
and I created a frame for language-selection. Everything works fine
for the German and English version. The trnalatet labels are shown
correctly.

The Problem is:

How do I create the properties-file ... ??? to provide the localized
data in the Russian language?

The toolkit for i18n creats the properties-File as a base for the
translation, but I have no idea how to edit this file so that the
russian letters are shown correctly in my java-applikation.

I thank you for your help!

Mirko Kämpf

This is the place I start:
java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/
Also, there is an opentool that someone has written to help you create
localized property files using JBuilder. The creator of this tool is
not a native English speaker, so the desciption is a little unclear, but
I think this will help:
cc.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]