Problems with character encoding (ISO8859_1) / JBuilderX

2003-11-24 05:02:58 AM
jbuilder22
Hi,
I have installed the trial edition of JBuilderX on Linux and modified the
config file to include the VM parameter -Dfile.encoding=ISO8859_1.
Viewing files with umlauts is working as expected. Copying text is also
working. But I can't enter these characters. Other application (KDE apps)
dont't have these problems.
Does anyone know how to get JBuilderX accepting non-ascii characters?
Thanks in advance.

Re:Problems with character encoding (ISO8859_1) / JBuilderX

Andreas Meier wrote:

I have installed the trial edition of JBuilderX on Linux and modified the
config file to include the VM parameter -Dfile.encoding=ISO8859_1.

Viewing files with umlauts is working as expected. Copying text is also
working. But I can't enter these characters. Other application (KDE apps)
dont't have these problems.

Does anyone know how to get JBuilderX accepting non-ascii characters?

Thanks in advance.
My first question for stuff like this is always... can you get another
Java application running on that platform to do that? If not, then the
problem is not JBuilder, it's the JDK.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Lori M Olson (TeamB) wrote:
Andreas Meier wrote:
>Hi,
>Viewing files with umlauts is working as expected. Copying text is also
>working. But I can't enter these characters. Other application (KDE apps)
>dont't have these problems.

My first question for stuff like this is always... can you get another
Java application running on that platform to do that? If not, then the
problem is not JBuilder, it's the JDK.

When running JBuilderX with the jdk from JBuilder9 (configured in
bin/jdk.config), then I can type umlauts. So it seems there is a problem
with the new jdk.
Best regards
Andreas

{smallsort}