unable to debug

2005-04-17 08:51:43 AM
jbuilder22
I just downloaded JBuilder 2005 Foundation; When I do SHIFT-F9 to debug a
project I get the following message:
-- Cannot configure Java debug process arguments --
com.sun.jdi.connect.IllegalConnectorArgumentsException: Not listening
Any help will be appreciated.
TIA
George

Re:unable to debug

Ok Never mind. It's a firewall issue: JBuilder requires outbound internet
access.
"GEORGE" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I just downloaded JBuilder 2005 Foundation; When I do SHIFT-F9 to debug a
project I get the following message:

-- Cannot configure Java debug process arguments --

com.sun.jdi.connect.IllegalConnectorArgumentsException: Not listening

Any help will be appreciated.
TIA
George

Re:unable to debug

In other words, JBuilder has a Spyware function so that
every time you debug, Borland is notified that you are
debugging. Is this to track use pasterns and isn't it
time that companies stop "observing" us???

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I just downloaded JBuilder 2005 Foundation; When I do SHIFT-F9 to debug a
>project I get the following message:
>
>-- Cannot configure Java debug process arguments --
>
>com.sun.jdi.connect.IllegalConnectorArgumentsException: Not listening
>

>Any help will be appreciated.
>TIA
>George

{smallsort}

Re:unable to debug

Ken Warner wrote:
In other words, JBuilder has a Spyware function so that
every time you debug, Borland is notified that you are
debugging. Is this to track use pasterns and isn't it
time that companies stop "observing" us???

Relax. The de{*word*81} is making an outbound connection TO LOCALHOST. No
spyware involved.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:unable to debug

Yes, that's what I observed so I had no problems granting the access.
But incidentally, java.exe and javaw.exe also request internet
access....why?

George wrote:
Yes, that's what I observed so I had no problems granting the access.

But incidentally, java.exe and javaw.exe also request internet
access....why?

Which version of java.exe and javaw.exe are we talking about? I know
that there are the beginnings of some JVM/classloader sharing starting
to appear in JDK 5, so it's probably using the port check to see if
another instance of java is running already.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]
question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:unable to debug

I'm talking about JDK 5. Sun AppServer 8.1 requests access too.
George wrote:

>Yes, that's what I observed so I had no problems granting the access.
>
>But incidentally, java.exe and javaw.exe also request internet
>access....why?

Which version of java.exe and javaw.exe are we talking about? I know
that there are the beginnings of some JVM/classloader sharing starting
to appear in JDK 5, so it's probably using the port check to see if
another instance of java is running already.

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

------------

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:unable to debug

I get it, the de{*word*81} uses sockets to connect to the running
program. I should have figured this out. It's the way
de{*word*81}s usually work.
My bad...

Ken Warner wrote:
In other words, JBuilder has a Spyware function so that
every time you debug, Borland is notified that you are
debugging.
Wow, for a moment there, I thought I was in a time warp and that time
had jumped back 19 days..

Re:unable to debug

Is there a way to customize what IP address Borland specifies on the command
line when debugging? By default, it looks like it uses this:
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=<hostname>:1490
where hostname is the hostname of the computer running JBuilder. I would
like to specify 127.0.0.1 instead. Yes, I know they mean the same thing,
but actually some VPN software is set to encrypt traffic to certain IP
addresse. Therefore, it is resolving <hostname>to its IP address and
encrypting it. If I could specify 127.0.0.1 instead, the VPN software would
know to NOT encrypt it since it skips the loopback address.