Message-Pane vanished

2004-01-22 08:44:43 PM
jbuilder14
Hello,
somehow I managed to lose my message pane.
If I run a project, I get the information, that the building was
successful but I don't see the message pane.
Earlier, all worked fine. I have no idea what I could have changed in
the settlings. I just dragged the message pane down.
I'm searching desperately for help!
Thanx

Re:Message-Pane vanished

Georg Speidel wrote:
Hello,

somehow I managed to lose my message pane.
If I run a project, I get the information, that the building was
successful but I don't see the message pane.
Earlier, all worked fine. I have no idea what I could have changed in
the settlings. I just dragged the message pane down.
I'm searching desperately for help!
Thanx

Which version of JBuilder are we talking about here?
In JBX, you can get the Message Pane with View | Panes | Messages. Or
toggle the display with Ctrl-Alt-M.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Message-Pane vanished

Probably you are using the Windows Look & Feel which uses a
minimal width splitter bar -- this is hard to see,
especially if you have resized the splitter to hide the
Message pane.
Use View | Panes | Messages (for JBuilder X, slightly
different location for other releases) and be sure that this
option is checked.
If you cannot see the Message pane, the move the mouse near
the bottom border until you get the North-South mouse
cursor, then click and drag upwards
If this fails, just delete your user.properties file when
JBuilder is not running. If JBuilder X, this will be in
the <USER HOME>\.PrimetimeX directory.
"Georg Speidel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello,
somehow I managed to lose my message pane.
If I run a project, I get the information, that the building
was
successful but I don't see the message pane.
Earlier, all worked fine. I have no idea what I could have
changed in
the settlings. I just dragged the message pane down.
I'm searching desperately for help!
Thanx

{smallsort}

Re:Message-Pane vanished

Georg Speidel wrote:
Hello,

somehow I managed to lose my message pane.
If I run a project, I get the information, that the building was
successful but I don't see the message pane.
Earlier, all worked fine. I have no idea what I could have changed in
the settlings. I just dragged the message pane down.
I'm searching desperately for help!
Thanx
I hadthe same problem. Once I went to reset the Windows Docking options,
that problem vanished and has not reoccurred. You may want to try this as
well as all of the other suggestions.