how to choose a different paper source

2008-03-01 02:07:19 AM
jbuilder22
hello,
i want to print a UML diagram on a Ledger (11 * 17 inches) paper. however,
jbuilder 2006 print dialog option does not have that particular option. how
can i do/alter it to send to a Ledger paper?
thx

Re:how to choose a different paper source

phimalaya wrote:
hello,

i want to print a UML diagram on a Ledger (11 * 17 inches) paper. however,
jbuilder 2006 print dialog option does not have that particular option. how
can i do/alter it to send to a Ledger paper?

thx

It's not set up to allow that. It will, however, "Print to HTML". I
assume you could work around this problem by printing to HTML and then
opening it up with a browser, and printing to ledger paper from there.
I don't have any printers capable of Ledger paper, so I can't test that,
but it might work.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:how to choose a different paper source

thanks lori but in my case, Print to HTML File option is grayed out and not
available. any idea?
"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
phimalaya wrote:
>hello,
>
>i want to print a UML diagram on a Ledger (11 * 17 inches) paper.
>however, jbuilder 2006 print dialog option does not have that particular
>option. how can i do/alter it to send to a Ledger paper?
>
>thx

It's not set up to allow that. It will, however, "Print to HTML". I
assume you could work around this problem by printing to HTML and then
opening it up with a browser, and printing to ledger paper from there.

I don't have any printers capable of Ledger paper, so I can't test that,
but it might work.

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

------------

Save yourself some time and search the newsgroups and the
other available community resources before posting your
next question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Ruby Resources:
onestepback.org/articles/usingruby/resources.html
Other Rails Resources:
www.rubyonrails.com/

{smallsort}

Re:how to choose a different paper source

The paper sizes you see in the dialog are the only ones supported. The
Print to HTML file is not an option for UML printing.
What used to work for me was printing to a file and then use a viewer when I
wanted to look at that output.
As I recall, I used Ghostscript and GSView for this purpose but I don't
recall the details. Basically you would do a print to file using
GhostScript with a page size that JBuilder supports (typically the largest
possible size), then use GSView to look at the output as an image.
I see that there is a "gsprint" utility now that will take a Ghostscript
file and print it to a Windows printer. Maybe that utility can convert from
the page size in the file to your target paper size if you really need paper
output.
pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/index.htm

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...