JBuilder 2005 Developer Update 1 Less stable Than Original Developer 2005

2005-02-05 09:32:50 AM
jbuilder17
I tried installing the JBuilder 2005 Developer "Update 1", and found it remarkably less stable than the original un-updated JBuilder 2005 Developer. Particularly, it was more prone to getting an "internal compiler error: null" message while compiling. Once it would get this error, I would have to clean out all of the object files and dependency files in order to make it go away; just restarting JBuilder wouldn't fix it.
I haven't been able to reproduce this bug on demand, nor have I been able to reproduce it on small projects, but working on our rather huge Java application, using Java 5, I was hitting this problem many times an hour. I gave up in frustration and went back to the original shipping version, and am happy again.

Re:JBuilder 2005 Developer Update 1 Less stable Than Original Developer 2005

Tom Chappell wrote:
I tried installing the JBuilder 2005 Developer "Update 1", and found
it remarkably less stable than the original un-updated JBuilder 2005
Developer. Particularly, it was more prone to getting an "internal
compiler error: null" message while compiling. Once it would get
this error, I would have to clean out all of the object files and
dependency files in order to make it go away; just restarting
JBuilder wouldn't fix it.

I haven't been able to reproduce this bug on demand, nor have I been
able to reproduce it on small projects, but working on our rather
huge Java application, using Java 5, I was hitting this problem many
times an hour. I gave up in frustration and went back to the
original shipping version, and am happy again.
Use Update 3 (the Applications Server update). It is a cumulative patch
and is much more stable.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]