Re: JB9/Windows "segfaults" with some fonts

2003-07-24 10:40:00 AM
jbuilder5
It's a JDK problem in handling a bad font. Open up a console window and
run JBuilder.exe. Because of this problem, JBuilder writes out to the
console window which font it is scanning so you can identify which is
bad.
"Carlos A. Carnero Delgado" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi there,

I'm trying JB9 Enterprise for my company; and in one workstation,
while
it does work OK, if I go to the editor settings to change the font
then
the whole IDE crashes. This workstation has a few fonts, mostly
TrueTypes plus a couple Type 1.

In my own notebook, which has fewer fonts (just the Windows XP
defaults)
it will work as advertised.

Any workaround?

Thanks,
Carlos.

Re:Re: JB9/Windows "segfaults" with some fonts

Hello,
Bill Joy wrote:
It's a JDK problem in handling a bad font. Open up a console window and
run JBuilder.exe. Because of this problem, JBuilder writes out to the
console window which font it is scanning so you can identify which is
bad.
You were absolutely right! It was a bad font file; which I have never
used before BTW :p
Thanks a lot for the console tip; and the solution!
Carlos.