Modified in workspace

2005-02-11 02:57:56 AM
jbuilder19
Some of my files in the Project Pane have [Modified in workspace] next to
the filenames.
I'm not sure what I did to make them appear in the first place...but would
appreciate any help of getting rid of them.
Thanks
George

Re:Modified in workspace

George wrote:
Some of my files in the Project Pane have [Modified in workspace] next to
the filenames.

I'm not sure what I did to make them appear in the first place...
You modified them. Duh! :-)
It means that file has changed with respect to the latest version in
your version control system. The idea is to let you know that the file
has changed and needs to be checked in.
There are other decorations that might be displayed such as "Modified in
repository" which means there is a newer version in the VCS and you
should update your project, "Not in repository" which means it's a new
file that needs to be added, etc.
but would
appreciate any help of getting rid of them.
There is a new page on the project properties dialog titled
"Decorations." You can set each type of decoration to icon only, text
only, both, or nothing. I prefer icons only. The text is too long and
distracting, but the principle behind the decorations is good.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Modified in workspace

This decorations business: Is this something new in JBuilder2005 (to which I
just moved)? I can't recall seeing these things in previous JBuilder
versions.
And another "strange" question: If the project has been put in CVS thru
JBuilder is there a way to tell JBuilder to forget about the CVS part and
consider the project as no longer being under version control? (I have this
small project that was put in CVS in the past. Only I use it now and I
couldnt care less about version control. Hence the question.)
Thank you for help.
George
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
George wrote:
>Some of my files in the Project Pane have [Modified in workspace] next
>the filenames.
>
>I'm not sure what I did to make them appear in the first place...

You modified them. Duh! :-)

It means that file has changed with respect to the latest version in
your version control system. The idea is to let you know that the file
has changed and needs to be checked in.

There are other decorations that might be displayed such as "Modified in
repository" which means there is a newer version in the VCS and you
should update your project, "Not in repository" which means it's a new
file that needs to be added, etc.

>but would
>appreciate any help of getting rid of them.

There is a new page on the project properties dialog titled
"Decorations." You can set each type of decoration to icon only, text
only, both, or nothing. I prefer icons only. The text is too long and
distracting, but the principle behind the decorations is good.

--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

{smallsort}

Re:Modified in workspace

George wrote:
This decorations business: Is this something new in JBuilder2005
Yes. It's a new feature.
And another "strange" question: If the project has been put in CVS thru
JBuilder is there a way to tell JBuilder to forget about the CVS part and
consider the project as no longer being under version control?
This just came up on another group. Currently you need to do this
manually, which is really ridiculous.
0. Make a backup copy of the .jpx.local file.
1. Edit the .jpx.local file, and remove all lines that begin with "team."
2. Go to the URL below and vote on this report (use up to 5 votes).
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Modified in workspace