Restrict project build

2004-06-23 04:02:11 AM
jbuilder6
Aloha-
How can I set the builder so that it will only build specified sections of the overall project? Right now I have a number of incomplete areas in my project and these prevent me from building test suites for the areas that are complete (buckets of compilation errors in classes that are completely unrelated to the class that I am trying to test.) I would like to, say, only build certain packages within my project. Where and how can I do this?
Thanks
Claus

Re:Restrict project build

Claus Hetzer wrote:
Aloha-

How can I set the builder so that it will only build specified sections of the overall project? Right now I have a number of incomplete areas in my project and these prevent me from building test suites for the areas that are complete (buckets of compilation errors in classes that are completely unrelated to the class that I am trying to test.) I would like to, say, only build certain packages within my project. Where and how can I do this?

Thanks
Claus
Apply exclusion filters. Right-click on your package node in the
project pane, and choose Apply Filter | Exclude Package and Subpackage.
I don't think this is available in Foundation, though.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Restrict project build

No, doesn't appear to be an option in Foundation. Any other possibilities? I really don't want to have to split this project if I can avoid it.
Claus

Claus Hetzer wrote:
No, doesn't appear to be an option in Foundation. Any other possibilities?
If you turn off automatic source discovery (on the "General" page of the
Project Properties dialog) you can add each package to the project
explicitly. JBuilder will only build the packages you've added. If at
some later date you get to the point where you've added all the packages
and worked out all the errors, then you could turn automatic discovery
back on and remove the explicitly added package nodes.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]