JB9 and J2SDK142?

2003-06-28 02:18:49 AM
jbuilder11
I noticed jdk 142 was just released and thought I would try it out with jb9.
I changed the jdk.config file to point to the new directory (c:\j2sdk142),
added a new jdk to the Configure JDKs, and all was good, JB9 ran quite
nicely. However when I goto compile a web app, it complains it can't find
the java.lang class. :< I tried looking around at the config jdks, and the
project props, but nothing worked. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Thanks.

Re:JB9 and J2SDK142?

I had the same problem, JBuilder could not find my project's source path
either. I even tried copying the jdk1.4.2 into the jbuilder9 directory and
renaming it jdk1.4 to see if that would work (it didn't).
-Pete
,

--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: www.opera.com/m2/

Re:JB9 and J2SDK142?

Hope so, at least my application seems to work with 1.4.2
-Pete
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:05:36 -0400, Flip <[remove] XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
re tried copying the jdk into jb9's dir, no dice :<
Darn, that was going to be my next kick at the cat (sorry for the cliche
:>). Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if JB will come out with a patch
allow for the new and improved sdk?

"Pete Haidinyak" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>I had the same problem, JBuilder could not find my project's source path
>either. I even tried copying the jdk1.4.2 into the jbuilder9 directory
>and
>renaming it jdk1.4 to see if that would work (it didn't).
>
>-Pete
>
>On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:18:49 -0400, Flip <[remove] XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
>wrote:
>
>>I noticed jdk 142 was just released and thought I would try it out
>with
>>jb9.
>>I changed the jdk.config file to point to the new directory
(c:\j2sdk142)
>>,
>>added a new jdk to the Configure JDKs, and all was good, JB9 ran quite
>>nicely. However when I goto compile a web app, it complains it can't
>>find
>>the java.lang class. :< I tried looking around at the config jdks,
>and
>>the
>>project props, but nothing worked. Does anyone have any ideas on
>this?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>--
>Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: www.opera.com/m2/

--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: www.opera.com/m2/

{smallsort}

Re:JB9 and J2SDK142?

I even tried creating a new javac.jar using the 1.4.2 class files. Jbuilder
complained about a version mismatch. Darn, I guess I will wait for a patch.

Flip wrote:
I noticed jdk 142 was just released and thought I would try it out with jb9.
I changed the jdk.config file to point to the new directory (c:\j2sdk142),
added a new jdk to the Configure JDKs, and all was good, JB9 ran quite
nicely. However when I goto compile a web app, it complains it can't find
the java.lang class. :< I tried looking around at the config jdks, and the
project props, but nothing worked. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
It sounds as though you are trying to change the JDK that jbuilder runs
on. This is not supported. If you want to change the JDK you are
compling with all you should have to do is Configue JDK's and change the
project properties to compile with that JDK.
-Dave

Re:JB9 and J2SDK142?

Yes, we were trying to get JB to take advantage of the speed increases 142
is advertised to give. I know it's not supported, but I thought I would
give it a shot. The updates to 141 worked so I guess I hoped the 142 would
be ok too. Funny though, why would JB complain it couldn't find the
java.lang.Object when clearly JB can find it, afterall, it does indeed run
itself. :>
Here's waiting for the patch. :>

Flip wrote:
I noticed jdk 142 was just released and thought I would try it out with jb9.
I changed the jdk.config file to point to the new directory (c:\j2sdk142),
If you look back in the archives, you'll see that I reported this within
days of JB9 being available for download. This is simply *not supported*
(you can't run JB9 on top of any arbitrary JDK), and has never been.
You are generally OK upgrading to patches in the same series (e.g. going
from 1.4.1_02 to 1.4.1_03), but not to another version.
You can use JDK1.4.2Beta as a *target* JDK just fine, of course.