Images

2005-05-13 07:45:31 AM
jbuilder10
I need to incorporate some images on my desktop application. The images are
on a Http Site. When my program run, How can I link the images. I am using
JBuilder 9 Personal.

Re:Images

LuisMa wrote:
I need to incorporate some images on my desktop application. The images are
on a Http Site. When my program run, How can I link the images. I am using
JBuilder 9 Personal.

You need to spend more time reading your Javadocs. Anything that
creates an image and takes a URL can be used. This is one example.
java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/swing/ImageIcon.html
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Images

Hello everyone.
I'm creating one application that works both with database results and
image files stored in directories. I'd like to print these images on my
rave reports but i don't know how to load pictures in report from a
location like "c:\pictures\1.bmp".
The images would be placed in the report in run-time. If the record
selected in the query is let's say 23, then the picture to load if
there's any is 23.bmp or 23.jpg thank's to the rave jpg component.
Can anyone help?
Thank you in advance.
Jorge

{smallsort}

Re:Images

Hi Jorge,
Please include both your Rave product (BE or BEX) and version number in EACH future support message (Check Rave Help About). It helps us provide a better support answer.
Please look at www.nevrona.com/Default.aspx for information about updating Rave. At this link, you will also find many references, articles and general information about using Rave. Be sure to look at the bottom part of that page as it applies to all Rave users. If you have not updated to Rave BE 5.0.8, then look at the above link on the latest information we have on where Borland keeps this update.
I'm creating one application that works both with database results and image files stored in directories. I'd like to print these images on my rave reports but i don't know how to load pictures in report from a location like "c:\pictures\1.bmp". The images would be placed in the report in run-time. If the record selected in the query is let's say 23, then the picture to load if there's any is 23.bmp or 23.jpg thank's to the rave jpg component. Can anyone help?
You did not give your Rave version, but I would try using an OnBeforePrint event of the Bitmap component. Manually, it would be something like the following:
Bitmap1.FileLink := 'C:\Pictures\' + '23.BMP';
Now, to make it dynamic, make the path and picture name a parameter. We have Tip #67 "Getting and Setting Parameters". If you have the latest version of Rave 6 BEX, we have a scripting example that uses parameters. Basically, you would do something like:
// Delphi Code
RvProject1.SetParam('BMPPath','C:\Pictures\');
RvProject1.SetParam('BMPName','23.BMP');
RvProject1.ExecuteReport('YourReportName');
// in the Bitmap OnBeforePrint event you would do something like:
Bitmap1.FileLink := RaveProject.GetParam('BMPPath') + RaveProject.GetParam('BMPName');
Technical Support
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Images

Nevrona Support wrote:
Hi Jorge,

Please include both your Rave product (BE or BEX) and version number in EACH future support message (Check Rave Help About). It helps us provide a better support answer.

Please look at www.nevrona.com/Default.aspx for information about updating Rave. At this link, you will also find many references, articles and general information about using Rave. Be sure to look at the bottom part of that page as it applies to all Rave users. If you have not updated to Rave BE 5.0.8, then look at the above link on the latest information we have on where Borland keeps this update.

>I'm creating one application that works both with database results and image files stored in directories. I'd like to print these images on my rave reports but i don't know how to load pictures in report from a location like "c:\pictures\1.bmp". The images would be placed in the report in run-time. If the record selected in the query is let's say 23, then the picture to load if there's any is 23.bmp or 23.jpg thank's to the rave jpg component. Can anyone help?

You did not give your Rave version, but I would try using an OnBeforePrint event of the Bitmap component. Manually, it would be something like the following:
Bitmap1.FileLink := 'C:\Pictures\' + '23.BMP';

Now, to make it dynamic, make the path and picture name a parameter. We have Tip #67 "Getting and Setting Parameters". If you have the latest version of Rave 6 BEX, we have a scripting example that uses parameters. Basically, you would do something like:

// Delphi Code
RvProject1.SetParam('BMPPath','C:\Pictures\');
RvProject1.SetParam('BMPName','23.BMP');
RvProject1.ExecuteReport('YourReportName');

// in the Bitmap OnBeforePrint event you would do something like:
Bitmap1.FileLink := RaveProject.GetParam('BMPPath') + RaveProject.GetParam('BMPName');

Technical Support
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Sorry about that.
The Delphi version is 7 and the rave version is 5.0.8.
Thank you for your reply.
Jorge Ferreira

Re:Images

Added ability to my visualizer to create high resolution files
that are suitable for professional printing in large format.
www.exsotron.com/exs_pics/bucket/a.jpg
Warning !!! this is large file and Firefox
can not display it for some reason. IE can.
Also takes a while to download since it is
16MB big even with high compression
Also tried to create couple of presets that are based
on fractals (they still render real time 30 frames/s)
does not look too great but I think has some potential
if more work put and they move very nicely to music.
the examples are here
www.exsotron.com/exs_pics/bucket/fract/index.html
--
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but

Re:Images

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:33:46 -0500, Kostya < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
Added ability to my visualizer to create high resolution files
that are suitable for professional printing in large format.

www.exsotron.com/exs_pics/bucket/a.jpg

Warning !!! this is large file and Firefox
can not display it for some reason. IE can.
Also takes a while to download since it is
16MB big even with high compression
2.0.0.1 handles it fine.
--

Kostya wrote:
Added ability to my visualizer to create high resolution files
that are suitable for professional printing in large format.

www.exsotron.com/exs_pics/bucket/a.jpg

Warning !!! this is large file and Firefox
can not display it for some reason. IE can.
Also takes a while to download since it is
16MB big even with high compression
Why not just show us a downsize version?
Anyway FF could display it just fine.
--
Francis
www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but
Borland reserves the right to cancel posts at any time, for any
reason, without notice.

Re:Images

2.0.0.1 handles it fine.
I got exactly this version and plenty of RAM.
Still it does not want to show files of this
size but does show smaller ones
--

Kostya wrote:
>2.0.0.1 handles it fine.

I got exactly this version and plenty of RAM.
Still it does not want to show files of this
size but does show smaller ones
Then maybe one of your extensions doesn't like it.