"Unable to Save Project" When Creating 'Project for Existing Code'

2004-07-30 04:52:49 AM
jbuilder23
Hi,
I am trying to check out the Sun J2EE 1.4.01 samples but am unable to
create a 'Project for Existing Code' for the CMP Customer example. After
choosing 'Finish' and selecting a server from the 'Select Server' dialog, (I
have tried all of the different server options) I get a dialog that says
'Unable to Save Project'.
The stateless session sample works fine..
Does anyone know whats going on? Thanks

Re:"Unable to Save Project" When Creating 'Project for Existing Code'

jj wrote:

I am trying to check out the Sun J2EE 1.4.01 samples but am unable to
create a 'Project for Existing Code' for the CMP Customer example. After
choosing 'Finish' and selecting a server from the 'Select Server' dialog, (I
have tried all of the different server options) I get a dialog that says
'Unable to Save Project'.

The stateless session sample works fine..

Does anyone know whats going on? Thanks

Can you please run JBuilder.exe (as opposed to JBuilderW.exe) to get a
console? Try again, and if there are any exceptions, please cut and
paste them back in here.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:"Unable to Save Project" When Creating 'Project for Existing Code'

Here are the exceptions.
It is in two parts because the first one gets generated after pushing
"Finish"on any of the dialogs "Project For Existing Code Wizard - Step 2(or
3) of 3 ":
The second one gets generated when you select the app server and press "OK"
#1 --------------------------------------------------------
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.borland.jbuilder.enterprise.descriptor.ejb.EjbJarXmlReader.readEjbJar(Un
known Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.enterprise.descriptor.ejb.EjbJarXmlReader.doRead(Unknow
n Source)
at
com.borland.primetime.xmt.reader.XmtAbstractUrlsReader.read(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.xmt.reader.XmtReaderManager.read(Unknown
Source)
at
com.borland.primetime.xmt.cache.XmtDefaultManagedModelNodeReference.doReadMo
delNode(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.primetime.xmt.cache.XmtAbstractManagedModelNodeReference.readMod
elNode(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.primetime.xmt.cache.XmtAbstractManagedModelNodeReference.refresh
ModelNode(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.enterprise.module.ModuleWizardContext.configureModuleNo
deAndUpdateModel(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.enterprise.module.ModuleType.createModuleNodeFromDirect
ory(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.enterprise.module.ModuleType.createModuleNodeFromDirect
ory(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.enterprise.module.ModuleType.addModule(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.enterprise.module.ModuleType.importModules(Unknown
Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.enterprise.module.ModulePropertyGroup.importModules(Unk
nown Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.wizard.newproject.ImportUtil.importAll(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.wizard.newproject.d.bb(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.wizard.newproject.u.d(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.wizard.newproject.ImportProjectWizard.nodeWizardFinishe
d(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.wizard.NodePropertyWizard.finish(Unknown
Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.wizard.newproject.ImportProjectWizard.finish(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.primetime.wizard.WizardDialog.c(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.wizard.i.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1786)
at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButto
n.java:1839)
at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:4
20)
at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener
.java:245)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5100)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3483)
at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3198)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3128)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1613)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.ja
va:201)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java
:151)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java
:141)
at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:540)
at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:561)
at com.borland.primetime.ui.DefaultDialog.show(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.wizard.WizardDialog.show(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.wizard.WizardAction.invokeWizard(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.primetime.wizard.WizardAction.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.tg.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:178)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.ja
va:201)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java
:151)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)
[...]
com.borland.jbuilder.enterprise.module.ModuleNode.updateModelFromDescriptors
(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.enterprise.module.ModuleType.updateProjectServerForImpo
rtedModule(Unknown Source)