Aggregated Columns Broken

2003-12-19 05:35:05 AM
jbuilder5
Finally, I've got simple, reproducible bug instead of late-night Designer
voodoo. In the Borland example:
1. Set up a master detail with customer as the master and sales as the
detail.
2. Mouse into the detail table
3. Hit refresh on the toolbar.
Your agg totals magically increase.
-Steve

Re:Aggregated Columns Broken

Steve wrote:
Finally, I've got simple, reproducible bug instead of late-night Designer
voodoo. In the Borland example:

1. Set up a master detail with customer as the master and sales as the
detail.
2. Mouse into the detail table
3. Hit refresh on the toolbar.

Your agg totals magically increase.

-Steve

Great. That's the best kind of bug report. Now make sure you log it on
Quality Central.
qc.borland.com
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Great. That's the best kind of bug report. Now make sure you log it on
Quality Central.
Not to damp your enthusiasm, but I was just about to do that very thing, and
thought I'd browse around a bit first. Judging be the observable traffic,
several observations come to mind:
1. No one is using it. Most likely because...
2. No one is responding to it. (How can well-known, well-understood bug
survive three major releases?)
3. Signficantly, you can't do a count by status. Gee, I wonder why that was
left out.
-Steve

{smallsort}

news:3fe23235$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Great. That's the best kind of bug report. Now make sure you log it on
>Quality Central.

Not to damp your enthusiasm, but I was just about to do that very thing, and
thought I'd browse around a bit first. Judging be the observable traffic,
several observations come to mind:

1. No one is using it. Most likely because...
2. No one is responding to it. (How can well-known, well-understood bug
survive three major releases?)
3. Signficantly, you can't do a count by status. Gee, I wonder why that was
left out.

-Steve

Ok, so are you saying that this problem IS posted in QC? Because it
absolutely _does_ _not_ _matter_ how many times people gripe and
complain in these newsgroups about bugs, because the Borland people
mostly don't read them.
IF a bug is entered in QC, then you know that someone at Borland has
seen it, and may or may not choose to do something with it, depending on
the availability of resources. If it's not in QC, then the chances of
it getting looked at, much less fixed, are microscopically small.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)
question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:Aggregated Columns Broken

"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Ok, so are you saying that this problem IS posted in QC?
Yes. Several, in fact.
Because it
absolutely _does_ _not_ _matter_ how many times people gripe and
complain in these newsgroups about bugs, because the Borland people
mostly don't read them.
Kinda noticed that.
IF a bug is entered in QC, then you know that someone at Borland has
seen it
Umm, how exactly do I know that? Again from what little one can observe
through the interface provided, they're not even looking them. In all my
queries I saw only one that had a status other than "reported". Thx.
-Steve