Difference between editmask and displaymask

2003-08-28 07:54:41 AM
jbuilder24
Hello. Two questions:
1. I'd like to know the difference between the properties editmask and
displaymask for a column definition.
2. If I need to save the column information without the separator
characters, what's the procedure to make it possible. For example:
The user enters in the field 8183144119, it is displayed like:
818-314-4119, but saved in the table as 8183144119 (without the "-" char).
When the row is called by a queryDataSet, and shown in the field, it has to
be shown 818-314-4119.
Please, if someone can help me, I'll appreciate it a lot.
Rgds.