Re: Problem with JBuilder IDE on Unix/Linux with focus

2006-05-30 08:24:26 AM
jbuilder17
Doychin Bondzhev wrote:
Does any of you know anything about a problem with focus in modal
windows on Linux/Unix platforms?

What JDK are you using and which Linux version?
I have not experienced this, if you set the focus.

Re:Re: Problem with JBuilder IDE on Unix/Linux with focus

Does any of you know anything about a problem with focus in modal
windows on Linux/Unix platforms?
I'm experiencing a problem where when I open a dialog and the first
control is text field when I start typing nothing happens. If I click
with the mouse on another control(if it is text field it's contents is
overridden with what I typed before that) focus is switched and then
with mouse I can return it back to the first control and now it is ok.
This happens with JBuilder 2006 and one of the programs I'm writing and
it happens only on Linux and Solaris. I don't see such behaivour on
Windows.
I first thought it could be something wrong with Borland L&F but then I
switched to Metal and same problem appeared.
Any ideas is there bug report in sun java bug database about such
problem? I checked but couldn't find anything. There is to much reports
about problems with focus.
Also interesting this problem is not visible with Java 1.4. (JBuilder 2005)
Doychin

Re:Re: Problem with JBuilder IDE on Unix/Linux with focus

It is a problem that becomes visible after some time.
For example I can see it when Iopen new dialog there the first control is
JTextField.
All this is with jdk that comes with JBuilder and JDK 1.5.0_06
Also I expirinece this problem both on Solaris and Fedora Core 3, 4 & 5.
Doychin
"Paul Nichols (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Doychin Bondzhev wrote:

>Does any of you know anything about a problem with focus in modal
>windows on Linux/Unix platforms?

What JDK are you using and which Linux version?

I have not experienced this, if you set the focus.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Problem with JBuilder IDE on Unix/Linux with focus

I have a feeling you are accessing Linux and Solaris from Windows. If
this is true, try using windows manager from Linux (and Solaris). Also
please try running XServer is full screen mode. For example with Cygwin:
XWin -query host -clipboard -once -nodecoration
- Alexey.
Ps. If you get problems with cursor keys in Java applications, please
unselect numlock.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko
home: trelony.cjb.net/

Re:Re: Problem with JBuilder IDE on Unix/Linux with focus

No I run directly on the linux and solaris I access trought Sun Ray
terminal.
Doychin

Doychin Bondzhev wrote:
>It is a problem that becomes visible after some time.
>
>For example I can see it when Iopen new dialog there the first control is
>JTextField.
>
>All this is with jdk that comes with JBuilder and JDK 1.5.0_06
>
>Also I expirinece this problem both on Solaris and Fedora Core 3, 4 & 5.
>
>Doychin
>
>"Paul Nichols (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Doychin Bondzhev wrote:
>>
>>>Does any of you know anything about a problem with focus in modal
>>>windows on Linux/Unix platforms?
>>>
>>What JDK are you using and which Linux version?
>>
>>I have not experienced this, if you set the focus.

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko
home: trelony.cjb.net/

Re:Re: Problem with JBuilder IDE on Unix/Linux with focus

This is not directly - you are using SunRay's XServer to display windows
from other computers. Can you try using full screen (XDMCP) login onto
other computers?
- Alexey.

news:447d18a2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko
home: trelony.cjb.net/

Re:Re: Problem with JBuilder IDE on Unix/Linux with focus

I have to try this. But in the case of Linux I'm directly on the computer.
For solaris the only solution I have is to restart the X session. And
this does not work always.
Doychin

Re:Re: Problem with JBuilder IDE on Unix/Linux with focus

There is still an option to use a different window manager -
CDE/GNOME/KDE or something else. Theoretically it should be possible to
run different window managers even on SunRay.
- Alexey.