RIGHT_TO_LEFT not working in JScroll Pane

2005-02-07 06:13:14 AM
jbuilder1
Hi,
I'm upgrading our software from JDK 1.3.1_03 to JDK 1.4.2_07 and I'm having
trouble with ComponentOrientation.RIGHT_TO_LEFT working correctly in a
JScrollPane.
One of my windows has a JSplitPane. There is a JScrollPane in each side.
There's a JTable in each scroll pane. The left scroll pane has the vertical
JScrollBar on the left side. The right scroll pane has the veritcal
JScrollBar on the right side (default).
The problem is with the left scroll pane. The table header is positioned
correctly, but the table data is offset to the right by about 100 pixels;
therefore the table data columns aren't lined up correctly with the header
columns. There are two columns. When I resize the second column, the table
data scrolls horizontally as if I was moving the thumb in the horizontal
scroll bar. The header columns never scroll.
I'm not doing anything complicated. Just a simple table within a scroll
pane.
Has anyone seen this behavior? I've been working on this for 3 days, mostly
the weekend, and simply cannot figure out what's happening.
Thank you,
Don