IDE mapping for helper apps of content types

2005-08-10 02:19:32 PM
jbuilder20
Hello
How do I change the integrated browser that is use when TC is launched within the IDE? Alternatively how can I
specify the associated helper app within the IDE for a particular MIME? tia.

Re:IDE mapping for helper apps of content types

Hi Paul
Yes TC==Tomcat, sorry for being so cryptic. I thought there was a configuration that directs JB05 SP4 to open
IE or NS instead of the default "build-in" browser. Or if not possible is there a way to tell JB to launch a
specific program (Windows Media Player for mp3) with specific MIME types.
Paul Nichols (TeamB) wrote:
"codon" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Hello
>How do I change the integrated browser that is use when TC is launched

within the IDE? Alternatively how can I

>specify the associated helper app within the IDE for a particular MIME?

tia.

What is TC? Tomcat?

If you want to launch a new browser, there are a couple of plugins on the
Code Central site. I do not know what version of JB you are using, so sorry,
cannot be more specific.

codon wrote:
How do I change the integrated browser that is use when TC is
launched within the IDE? Alternatively how can I specify the
associated helper app within the IDE for a particular MIME? tia.
You can't, but what you can do is go to "Tools | Preferences | Web
Run/Debug/Optimize", check "Copy launch URL to clipboard", and uncheck
"Use Web View to show launch URL". Personally, I never use the
integrated browser. I just launch whatever browser I'm testing and
paste the URL into the address bar.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.