No Activation File

2005-11-04 11:40:08 PM
jbuilder5
I downloaded JBuilder 2005 Foundation and clicked through the screen that
correctly displayed my Java Developer account email address claiming that's
where my activation file would be sent.
I still have not received it. How do I obtain one?
Regards,
Rob

Re:No Activation File

Robby Tanner wrote:
I downloaded JBuilder 2005 Foundation and clicked through the screen that
correctly displayed my Java Developer account email address claiming that's
where my activation file would be sent.

I still have not received it. How do I obtain one?

Regards,
Rob

Make sure your SPAM filter isn't filtering it out. Go back to the
downloads page and ask for it to be sent again.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:No Activation File

I changed my junk mail filter in hotmail to low and tried again. No dice.
I then changed my email address to my work one. Again it failed.
I much prefer the activation I get for D7 where it's online. Soo much
simpler.
Anyway, sour grapes aside. Any other ideas?
Regards,
Rob

Robby Tanner wrote:
I changed my junk mail filter in hotmail to low and tried again. No dice.
I then changed my email address to my work one. Again it failed.

I much prefer the activation I get for D7 where it's online. Soo much
simpler.

Anyway, sour grapes aside. Any other ideas?

Regards,
Rob

Log in to BDN, change your account email to a different account (gmail?)
and try again?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Robby Tanner wrote:
>I changed my junk mail filter in hotmail to low and tried again. No
>dice. I then changed my email address to my work one. Again it failed.
>
>I much prefer the activation I get for D7 where it's online. Soo much
>simpler.
>
>Anyway, sour grapes aside. Any other ideas?
>
>Regards,
>Rob

Log in to BDN, change your account email to a different account (gmail?)
and try again?
I did that. Changed it to my work address. No luck there either.
Rob

Re:No Activation File

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Robby Tanner wrote:
>>I changed my junk mail filter in hotmail to low and tried again. No
>>dice. I then changed my email address to my work one. Again it failed.
>>
>>I much prefer the activation I get for D7 where it's online. Soo much
>>simpler.
>>
>>Anyway, sour grapes aside. Any other ideas?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Rob
>>

>Log in to BDN, change your account email to a different account (gmail?)
>and try again?

I did that. Changed it to my work address. No luck there either.
....and finally tried my gmail account. I guess I'm out and should hit the
showers.
Rob

Re:No Activation File

Robby Tanner wrote:
>Log in to BDN, change your account email to a different account (gmail?)
>and try again?
I did that. Changed it to my work address. No luck there either.
I've noticed that BDN seems to remember that it sent you (your account)
an activation file once. Subsequent downloads never seem to trigger
another activation file being sent, so no amount of changing your
address will get you a new activation file.
The only workaround, I think, would be to create a whole new BDN
account, but I'm sure that defeats the purpose of the BDN logins.

Re:No Activation File

Shankar Unni wrote:
Robby Tanner wrote:

>>Log in to BDN, change your account email to a different account
>>(gmail?) and try again?

>I did that. Changed it to my work address. No luck there either.

I've noticed that BDN seems to remember that it sent you (your account)
an activation file once. Subsequent downloads never seem to trigger
another activation file being sent, so no amount of changing your
address will get you a new activation file.

The only workaround, I think, would be to create a whole new BDN
account, but I'm sure that defeats the purpose of the BDN logins.
No, it is also supposed to know that you downloaded already, and ask you
if you just wanted the activation file sent again. I distinctly
remember testing that for someone not too long ago, and getting 4-5
copies of the activation file.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Shankar Unni wrote:
>Robby Tanner wrote:
>The only workaround, I think, would be to create a whole new BDN account,
>but I'm sure that defeats the purpose of the BDN logins.

No, it is also supposed to know that you downloaded already, and ask you
if you just wanted the activation file sent again. I distinctly remember
testing that for someone not too long ago, and getting 4-5 copies of the
activation file.
I did not get such a prompt. Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Rob