Columns properties through the GUI

2004-11-12 06:02:59 PM
jbuilder14
I am having problems with setting the columns properties for datasets
through the Java2005 GUI.
When I set properties for a column, I can read the settings in the source
code, but they do not affect the application at runtime. When I check the
settings in the GUI, they are lost. Setting them again just creates new
settings with a new columnsXX index, which do not link to the column.
What is the trick to get columns settings to stick to a column in a dataset?
Thanks
Peder Skånning

Re:Columns properties through the GUI

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Peder Skånning wrote:
When I set properties for a column, I can read the settings in the
source code, but they do not affect the application at runtime. When
I check the settings in the GUI, they are lost. Setting them again
just creates new settings with a new columnsXX index, which do not
link to the column.
This is more of a swing or dbswing issue.. I mostly do backend
server stuff and could not seem to put a demo together that tested your
issue.. (seem to work for me.. but that may be that I have not tested
the correct situation.)
If no one response here you might re-post in the dbswing section.
John..

What is the trick to get columns settings to stick to a column in a
dataset?

Thanks

Peder SkÂnning

TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
www.microps.com/mps/paperFAQ.html