Which Sybase JDBC driver?

2004-03-03 12:02:28 PM
jbuilder12
I'm working with Sybase for the first time, and I can't seem to find any
information on this topic.
For use with WebLogic, would one use the Sybase jConnect JDBC drivers,
or would one use the Sybase drivers that BEA distributes with WebLogic?
And why?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Which Sybase JDBC driver?

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:02:28 -0700, "Lori M Olson (TeamB)"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
For use with WebLogic, would one use the Sybase jConnect JDBC drivers,
or would one use the Sybase drivers that BEA distributes with WebLogic?
And why?
You can use either. My experience is that sometimes the
BEA-distributed drivers can be a little more efficient with WebLogic
than the 'stock' drivers from the various vendors. There also may be
driver-level features that BEA takes advantage of in their own version
of the drivers.
It seems to me that BEA has been trying to get away from making their
own drivers and using the drivers from the vendors themselves. For
instance, they distribute Oracle's drivers with WLS 7 and 8 now.
Save yourself some time and check these sites:
Borland Newsgroup Search:
Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic: