JDBC connection issues

2005-12-10 05:25:58 AM
jbuilder4
Hi everybody
I'm tring to make a database connection through the designer but the connexion keeps failing
I have added the 3 jar files to the classpath using "project"-->"project properties"-->
"required librairies" --->ADD and then choosing "archives".
I'm using sql server 2000 on windows xp
here the setting that I provide to the connection wizard
driver:
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
*** I'm not sure of this setting. I found it on the internet
url
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver:localhost:1433/C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\synapcoDB_data.mdf
**** I'm not sure of this part: "jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver:" found it on the net
user
*** this correct because I created a new user for the database
password
**** this also is correct
Thanks for any information

Re:JDBC connection issues

Amunike wrote:

How I do I produce a stack trace? I'm new to jbuilder

This should come up with the error message located in the JB Output screen
(bottom of the IDE)

Re:JDBC connection issues

Amunike wrote:
I'm tring to make a database connection through the designer but the
connexion keeps failing
Can you give us a stack trace? That usually goes a long way to
identifying the problem.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.