Java JBuilder 9 Personal

2003-10-22 10:48:35 AM
jbuilder20
I am a student and I am taking my first course in Java. I download Jbuilder9
Personal.
(1) Most of the selection from the help content or help searches do not
work. I get a message, " cannot parse file" or cannot find the directory or
file.
(2) A simple Hello Word project will not run. I get the following error
messages displayed:
Hit uncaught exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: helloworld/HelloApp
Exception in thread "main"
3. Dialog box appears stating:
Can't find main class. Program will exit!
OK
I even purchased the Borland JBuilder Developers Guide 2003. On pages 36 to
40 , there is a Hello Word project. I perform each step exactly and I
perform this project at least four times. But when I compile and run the
project, I get the same type error messages as displayed above. Could there
be an installation problem ? But, on a second thought, the samples that
came with Jbuilder runs Ok and the samples that came with the Jbuilder book
runs ok.
Do you have any suggestions that might help me solve these problems.
C. Denver Lovett

Re:Java JBuilder 9 Personal

Colonel Denver Lovett wrote:
I am a student and I am taking my first course in Java. I download Jbuilder9
Personal.

(1) Most of the selection from the help content or help searches do not
work. I get a message, " cannot parse file" or cannot find the directory or
file.

The documentation files are a separate download and install. Please
download and install them to solve this problem.
(2) A simple Hello Word project will not run. I get the following error
messages displayed:

Hit uncaught exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: helloworld/HelloApp
Exception in thread "main"

Does the file HelloApp.java (your java source file) sit in a directory
called "helloworld", and the directory "helloworld" sits in is your
project's "source" path (Project | Project Properties)?
There is a package-to-directory equivalence that you must adhere to for
this stuff to work properly.
3. Dialog box appears stating:

Can't find main class. Program will exit!
OK
This is just the result of problem #2.

I even purchased the Borland JBuilder Developers Guide 2003. On pages 36 to
40 , there is a Hello Word project. I perform each step exactly and I
perform this project at least four times. But when I compile and run the
project, I get the same type error messages as displayed above. Could there
be an installation problem ? But, on a second thought, the samples that
came with Jbuilder runs Ok and the samples that came with the Jbuilder book
runs ok.

Well, if the samples run, then look at them carefully, compare them to
your project, and see what you did differently.
Do you have any suggestions that might help me solve these problems.

C. Denver Lovett

Good Luck!
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Java JBuilder 9 Personal

"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Colonel Denver Lovett wrote:
>I am a student and I am taking my first course in Java. I download Jbuilder9
>Personal.
>
>(1) Most of the selection from the help content or help searches do not
>work. I get a message, " cannot parse file" or cannot find the directory or
>file.

The documentation files are a separate download and install. Please
download and install them to solve this problem.

>(2) A simple Hello Word project will not run. I get the following error
>messages displayed:
>
>Hit uncaught exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
>
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: helloworld/HelloApp
>Exception in thread "main"

Does the file HelloApp.java (your java source file) sit in a directory
called "helloworld", and the directory "helloworld" sits in is your
project's "source" path (Project | Project Properties)?

There is a package-to-directory equivalence that you must adhere to for
this stuff to work properly.

>3. Dialog box appears stating:
>
>Can't find main class. Program will exit!
>OK

This is just the result of problem #2.

>I even purchased the Borland JBuilder Developers Guide 2003. On pages 36 to
>40 , there is a Hello Word project. I perform each step exactly and I
>perform this project at least four times. But when I compile and run the
>project, I get the same type error messages as displayed above. Could there
>be an installation problem ? But, on a second thought, the samples that
>came with Jbuilder runs Ok and the samples that came with the Jbuilder book
>runs ok.

Well, if the samples run, then look at them carefully, compare them to
your project, and see what you did differently.

>Do you have any suggestions that might help me solve these problems.
>
>C. Denver Lovett

Good Luck!

--

Regards,

Lori Olson (TeamB)

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

I still cannot get this JBuilder to work. I think the problem has something to do with the path in the Project Configeration or the paths associated with the RunTIME Configuration. I have gone through on cycle downloading the uninstalling and downloading again. Should I go through another cycle of this. My current computer system is a notbook HP Pivilion 5300 series runing Windows XP. I also have desktop HP computer with Windows ME. Will JBuilder work with Windows ME operating system?
What suggestion do you have? I am will to try anything to get JBuilder to work on either Notebook computer with XP operating syatem or the Desktop with Windows XP Operating system.

{smallsort}