Board index » jbuilder » Re: Loading a frame make some time

Re: Loading a frame make some time


2003-08-11 09:33:18 AM
jbuilder12
Kostas wrote:
Quote
Hi all,
When my application (executable jar) loads frames there is a small delay
before the presentation. Also the componet of the frame that has the focus
is visible before the whole frame. I have seen many others java
application that dont have this problem. Do you know what i have to do to
avoid this fact? (My application is too small)
Which JDK are you using? Are you using Double Buffering or not?
 
 

Re:Re: Loading a frame make some time

i use jdk 1.4.2 and i have never used Double Buffering .
? "pnichols" <paul@ comp.net>?????? ??? ??????
Quote
Kostas wrote:

>Hi all,
>When my application (executable jar) loads frames there is a small delay
>before the presentation. Also the componet of the frame that has the
focus
>is visible before the whole frame. I have seen many others java
>application that dont have this problem. Do you know what i have to do
to
>avoid this fact? (My application is too small)

Which JDK are you using? Are you using Double Buffering or not?

 

Re:Re: Loading a frame make some time

Kostas wrote:
Quote
i use jdk 1.4.2 and i have never used Double Buffering .

? "pnichols" <paul@ comp.net>?????? ??? ??????

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Kostas wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>When my application (executable jar) loads frames there is a small
>>delay before the presentation. Also the componet of the frame that has
>>the
focus
>>is visible before the whole frame. I have seen many others java
>>application that dont have this problem. Do you know what i have to do
to
>>avoid this fact? (My application is too small)
>
>Which JDK are you using? Are you using Double Buffering or not?
>
There are some bugs in 1.4.2, especially in the initial release. Check the
bug parade and see if this is oine of them or if your code uses something
that is in the bug parade list. You could also try double buffering and see
if this fixes the problem.
 

{smallsort}