These are Error messages about jars I do not understand.

2003-11-25 08:55:36 PM
jbuilder14
"MarcTestEJB.ejbgrpx": Jar verify error: The content of element type
"entity" must match
"(description?,display-name?,small-icon?,large-icon?,ejb-name,home?,remote?,
local-home?,local?,ejb-class,persistence-type,prim-key-class,reentrant,cmp-v
ersion?,abstract-schema-name?,cmp-field*,primkey-field?,env-entry*,ejb-ref*,
ejb-local-ref*,security-role-ref*,security-identity?,resource-ref*,resource-
env-ref*,query*)".[line=692,col=18]
"MarcTestEJB.ejbgrpx": Jar verify error: The content of element type
"property" is incomplete, it must match
"(prop-name,prop-type?,prop-value)".[line=854,col=24]
"MarcTestEJB.ejbgrpx": Jar verify error: The content of element type
"entity" must match
"(ejb-name,bean-home-name?,bean-local-home-name?,ejb-ref*,ejb-local-ref*,res
ource-ref*,resource-env-ref*,(cmp-info|cmp2-info)?,property*,query*)".[line=
855,col=18]
"MarcTestEJB.ejbgrpx": Jar verify error: Entity Bean Could not find bean
class : null
"MarcTestEJB.ejbgrpx": Jar verify error: Entity Bean Cannot proceed
verifying other aspects of this bean unless fatal error(s) are fixed
What do they mean, and how can I look this up, the help in JBuilder seems
not to be context sensitive

Re:These are Error messages about jars I do not understand.

Each of the XML descriptor files references a DTD file that
describes the legal syntax. Typically this uses an URL
describing where on the Internet this file can be found,
however generally the application running the XML parser has
a local copy it supplies.
What you are seeing are just these rules being applied to
the XML content -- where an error exists, a message is
output describing what is required at that location using
standard notation.
A field with a "?" indicates it must appear zero or at most
one time, a field with a "*" indicates it can appear zero or
more times, and a field with a "+" indicates it must appear
one or more times. An unmarked field must appear once.
With JBuilder you can use the DD Editor and supply the
needed information directly, or use the EJB Designer letting
it do most of the work, or go back and forth between the
two.