Using JNDI with BES - complete message this time...

2004-01-16 08:06:12 PM
jbuilder12
Hi,
I'm trying to set up some JMS connection factories (for SonicMQ) using the
JNDI naming service & BES. The properties I have set in Sonic Explorer are:
java.naming.factory.initial="com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory",
java.naming.provider.url="corbaloc://localhost:14000/NameService",
SCVnameroot="NameService"
I get the message "Cannot connect to ORB" when I try the connect. I
installed BES using all the default settings.
Does anyone know what other setting or changes I should make?
Thanks
Simon

Re:Using JNDI with BES - complete message this time...

Simon,
Assuming you used all the default ports for the setup, these are the
set of steps you need to take:
- Start up BES
- Connect to BES using BES Console and ensure that the partition
with a Naming Service enabled starts up and the SonicMQ process
starts up as well
- BES Console -->Tools -->SonicMQ Explorer
Now in the SonicMQ Explorer, if you just choose a JNDI Naming
Service and click connect without using any properties, a connection
to a JMS Store would be established.
In short, no properties need to be specified. If you are not using the
Smart Agent default port (e.g. you use 15666 instead of the 14000
default), then open the "sonicmqexplorer.config" file ($BES/bin) and
edit the following lines in the file:
# Default osagent port to use for fresh installations
vmprop default.osagent.port=15666
# line below has to be added.
vmprop vbroker.agent.port=15666
-krish
"Simon Bisson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I'm trying to set up some JMS connection factories (for SonicMQ) using the
JNDI naming service & BES. The properties I have set in Sonic Explorer are:

java.naming.factory.initial="com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory",
java.naming.provider.url="corbaloc://localhost:14000/NameService",
SCVnameroot="NameService"

I get the message "Cannot connect to ORB" when I try the connect. I
installed BES using all the default settings.

Does anyone know what other setting or changes I should make?

Thanks

Simon

Re:Using JNDI with BES - complete message this time...

Hi Krish,
OK, I tried that and get the message "please specify an initial context".
Both SonicMQ and the Naming Service are running.
Simon
"Krishnan Subramanian" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Simon,

Assuming you used all the default ports for the setup, these are the
set of steps you need to take:

- Start up BES
- Connect to BES using BES Console and ensure that the partition
with a Naming Service enabled starts up and the SonicMQ process
starts up as well
- BES Console -->Tools -->SonicMQ Explorer

Now in the SonicMQ Explorer, if you just choose a JNDI Naming
Service and click connect without using any properties, a connection
to a JMS Store would be established.

In short, no properties need to be specified. If you are not using the
Smart Agent default port (e.g. you use 15666 instead of the 14000
default), then open the "sonicmqexplorer.config" file ($BES/bin) and
edit the following lines in the file:

# Default osagent port to use for fresh installations
vmprop default.osagent.port=15666
# line below has to be added.
vmprop vbroker.agent.port=15666

-krish

"Simon Bisson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to set up some JMS connection factories (for SonicMQ) using
the
>JNDI naming service & BES. The properties I have set in Sonic Explorer
are:

>java.naming.factory.initial="com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory",
>java.naming.provider.url="corbaloc://localhost:14000/NameService",
>SCVnameroot="NameService"
>
>I get the message "Cannot connect to ORB" when I try the connect. I
>installed BES using all the default settings.
>
>Does anyone know what other setting or changes I should make?
>
>Thanks
>
>Simon

{smallsort}

Re:Using JNDI with BES - complete message this time...

Simon,
It looks like you are launching the SonicMQ Explorer from the
(Windows) Program -->BES -->Sonic -->Explorer.
Instead:
- Double-click $BES/bin/sonicmqexplorer.exe
- Or, launch the Sonic Explorer from within the BES Console
(Tools menu option when the BES Console is open).
The latter will automatically set the classpath and all relevant
properties.
If you are using the "explorer.bat" (former option), you need to
edit this file & add a lot of BES jars to the classpath and manually
set properties. The hassle is not worth it :)
-krish

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Simon,
>
>Assuming you used all the default ports for the setup, these are the
>set of steps you need to take:
>
>- Start up BES
>- Connect to BES using BES Console and ensure that the partition
>with a Naming Service enabled starts up and the SonicMQ process
>starts up as well
>- BES Console -->Tools -->SonicMQ Explorer
>
>Now in the SonicMQ Explorer, if you just choose a JNDI Naming
>Service and click connect without using any properties, a connection
>to a JMS Store would be established.
>
>In short, no properties need to be specified. If you are not using the
>Smart Agent default port (e.g. you use 15666 instead of the 14000
>default), then open the "sonicmqexplorer.config" file ($BES/bin) and
>edit the following lines in the file:
>
># Default osagent port to use for fresh installations
>vmprop default.osagent.port=15666
># line below has to be added.
>vmprop vbroker.agent.port=15666
>
>-krish
>
>"Simon Bisson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm trying to set up some JMS connection factories (for SonicMQ) using
the
>>JNDI naming service & BES. The properties I have set in Sonic Explorer
are:

>>java.naming.factory.initial="com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory",
>>java.naming.provider.url="corbaloc://localhost:14000/NameService",
>>SCVnameroot="NameService"
>>
>>I get the message "Cannot connect to ORB" when I try the connect. I
>>installed BES using all the default settings.
>>
>>Does anyone know what other setting or changes I should make?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Simon

Re:Using JNDI with BES - complete message this time...

Krish,
I am running Explorer from within the console. Incidentally, I see my
sonicmqexplorer.config file does not have
any lines "vmprop default.osagent.port= or vmprop vbroker.agent.port etc".
I'm running BES 5.02.