JB X: Data module generating error

2004-02-12 12:46:22 AM
jbuilder6
Has anyone solved this annoying problem yet in JB X? I cannot save or
generate data modules because it always comes up with
Error generating data module: java.lang.NullPointerException
It is sooo annoying as it means that we cannot use JB X to visually
design our data modules!
Thanks,
Brad

Re:JB X: Data module generating error

Those reading this post may be interested to know that I have discovered
that this error only happnes when you select "launch the designer" at
module creation. If you don't do that, but choose instead to switch to
design view after the initial code generation then it seems to work okay.
My guess is that this is a simple bug: The designer starts before the
initial code is generated so when you try to save your DB queries the
designer hasn't got any code to add the queries to and gives the error.