Re: applet won`t start

2004-01-30 03:45:17 PM
jbuilder24
"Jacques Chaurette" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
imagePanel is an inner class of npsh.class. ImagePanel is being created and
used inside npsh.class
Yes but its class file needs to be present; the class file is not
inside the npsh class file but separate.

Re:Re: applet won`t start

Ah ha, this is something new to me. I thought that because all these
classes were inside my one main class everything would be OK.
Now the next problem:
java console says: clas not found DocumentFilter
DocumentFlter is a native class that belongs to java.text which I have as an
import. I use this class to extend a class I call NumberFilter which is one
of the classes included in npsh.class which I now have separetly listed in
the cavitaion2 directory. I am very surprised by this since this is a native
class, java console does not ask for jPanel which I use?
Making some progress, thanks...
Jacques
"Tor Iver Wilhelmsen (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
"Jacques Chaurette" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>imagePanel is an inner class of npsh.class. ImagePanel is being created
and
>used inside npsh.class

Yes but its class file needs to be present; the class file is not
inside the npsh class file but separate.

Re:Re: applet won`t start

Ah ha, I did not know this, I expected that since all these classes were
in my main class npsh.class that everything would be OK, so I will fix this.
On with the show...
Now the java console says:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError javax/swing/text/DocumentFilter
I use DocumentFilter to extend a NumberFilter class that I have in
npsh.class, I have an import statement that says: import javax.swing.text.*;
seems to me that should be sufficient? For example I use jPanel class and
java console does not object , not yet anyway.... geting closer....
Cheers,
Jacques
"Tor Iver Wilhelmsen (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
"Jacques Chaurette" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>imagePanel is an inner class of npsh.class. ImagePanel is being created
and
>used inside npsh.class

Yes but its class file needs to be present; the class file is not
inside the npsh class file but separate.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: applet won`t start

Right, I`m starting to get the hang of this. It seems that DocumentFilter is
not supported by the current version of the Windows JRE, too bad....
Is there any help there?
Jacques

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>"Jacques Chaurette" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
>
>>imagePanel is an inner class of npsh.class. ImagePanel is being
created
and
>>used inside npsh.class
>
>Yes but its class file needs to be present; the class file is not
>inside the npsh class file but separate.

Re:Re: applet won`t start

Woooops, seems I didn't have the latest JRE installed after all, I installed
JRE 1.4 and now documentFilter works....Hooorah!
However my images still do not appear on the applet.

news:401a6a92$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...