Re: Borland's New Marketing Campaign

2004-07-16 10:42:58 AM
jbuilder16
Alessandro Federici wrote:
[ everything snipped ]
Okay, this is no longer of any relevance to
JBuilder non-technical issues. Please take
this discussion to
alt.discuss.female.male.pseudo.science.quackery
Thanks. Let's get back to JBuilder issues.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:Re: Borland's New Marketing Campaign

Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
[ everything snipped ]
Sorry to spoil everyone's fun, but...
This is no longer of any relevance to
JBuilder non-technical issues. Please take
this discussion to
alt.discuss.female.male.pseudo.science.quackery
Thanks. Let's get back to JBuilder issues.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

Re:Re: Borland's New Marketing Campaign

OK, let me have one final post, so we can move on ...
There are some topics that I find more and more being avoided as "tabu
themes", meaning more people
thinks it is not civil to discuss them. Like genders, race, religious and
{*word*225} preferences ...
I knew it was mistake to talk about it, however, it is not in my nature to
shut up. :(
It is not wise to talk about it, at least not in public, where is almost
certain somebody will be offended.
Such themes has certain "politically correct", default statements, and most
people tend to call me sexist, racist and nationalist by
automatism, when I say something that seems it is not compatible with
"politically correct general attitude".
Some people, in such occasions, tend to take opportunistic stand, by talking
default arguments ... but not being sincere.
Difference between brain structure is scientific fact. Team of scientists
took scanner and scanned male and female brains, and found
differences. This differences explains a lot.
That does not mean females are less worthy than males, it just shows that,
statistically, males are better in certain areas, while females are in
other.
Individual brains can vary, but when we speak in general, it is true.
Todays society is based on specialization anyway, so it is natural that one
specializes in area in which he/she is better.
Society is based (at least it should be) on equal opportunity, so it is up
to individual to asses if he/she can compete, and where are his/her chances.
I do not care about gender or race or nationality if person is competent.
But I also does not like less competent that opportunisticaly use his/her
gender/race/nationality to their advantage.
There was interesting remark about multitasking.
I think that, even when we have multitasking, single threads are still being
processed as linear, and to understand complex parallel processes, they need
to be decomposed. So we still have linearity.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Borland's New Marketing Campaign

You're multi posting here, Paul. You *know* that's against the rules. :-))
"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht
Alessandro Federici wrote:

>[ everything snipped ]

Okay, this is no longer of any relevance to
JBuilder non-technical issues. Please take
this discussion to

alt.discuss.female.male.pseudo.science.quackery

Thanks. Let's get back to JBuilder issues.

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?

Thank you.

Re:Re: Borland's New Marketing Campaign

Jennifer Ashley Kuiper wrote:
I am too flabbergasted to even respond properly. Do all of you guys think
that way?
I think most programmers (at least the male ones ;) think logically, yes.
I don't understand why the women in this thread are so worked up. It's
a fact that women constitute a minority of all programmers. It's also
a fact that men and women are different. There's nothing wrong or
offensive with either of those facts.
And the the fact that Borland markets mainly towards men shouldn't
bother you any more than the fact that Palmolive ads market mainly
towards women bothers me. Hey, I wash dishes too!
The bottom line is that over the last 10-20 years certain "minority"
groups (ie anyone who is not straight, white and male) have been
trained to bark "racist" or "sexist" or "bigot" anytime they hear
certain words or phrases, regardless of the truth or fiction inherent
to the comment.
I find it best to simply not use words like woman, black, mexican,
handicap, etc.. in any sentence containing adjectives.