Unwanted removal of rows in separate tables

2003-08-29 04:40:02 AM
jbuilder16
Hi,
I have 2 tables, 1 contains details {number, name, age etc} another contains
appointments {date, time, custNum, etc}.
However, when i select the row from the appointments dataset and run,
querydatasetAppointments.deleteRow(), it deletes the data not only from the
current table but also the details table, where the custNum is the same as
the number. Why is this???
Thanks for your time
Rudy

Re:Unwanted removal of rows in separate tables

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rudy wrote:

I have 2 tables, 1 contains details {number, name, age etc} another
contains appointments {date, time, custNum, etc}.

However, when i select the row from the appointments dataset and run,
querydatasetAppointments.deleteRow(), it deletes the data not only
from the current table but also the details table, where the custNum
is the same as the number. Why is this???
How do you have them linked.. (MasterLink properties..??)
How do you have them setup in the backend database (referential
integrity settings)
John..
--
+++++++++++++++++++++++
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please do not email replies or questions.

Re:Unwanted removal of rows in separate tables

Hi John,
Thanks for the reply...i do not have them linked via a master detail
relationship (even though I may do so once I have finished).
I am also using the JDataStore database and I could not find any
relationship buttons to define any referential integrity, so I have not done
so (even though I should).
Hope this help
Thanks
Rudy
"John B. Moore (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rudy wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have 2 tables, 1 contains details {number, name, age etc} another
>contains appointments {date, time, custNum, etc}.
>
>However, when i select the row from the appointments dataset and run,
>querydatasetAppointments.deleteRow(), it deletes the data not only
>from the current table but also the details table, where the custNum
>is the same as the number. Why is this???

How do you have them linked.. (MasterLink properties..??)
How do you have them setup in the backend database (referential
integrity settings)

John..

--
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please do not email replies or questions.
Post or reply only on this newsgroup. Thank you.
For Papers on DataExpress, Applets, and Web Technologies go to:
www.microps.com/mps/papers.htm

{smallsort}